cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Nov 2020 updated

So my phone did any update yesterday 11/25/20 and messed up the camera and photo gallery.   Takes forever to snap a picture now.   Can't move pics to albums in gallery any more.   Phone did another update today.  Nothing is improved.  Do they do these just to jack with us??  I feel like they do this on purpose, especially if you have an older phone to make it incapable of working right which then forces you to get a new phone.  Omg so sick of the bs. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Nov 2020 updated

@userUk64Qq7CAn wrote:

So my phone did any update yesterday 11/25/20 and messed up the camera and photo gallery.   Takes forever to snap a picture now.   Can't move pics to albums in gallery any more.   Phone did another update today.  Nothing is improved.  Do they do these just to jack with us??  I feel like they do this on purpose, especially if you have an older phone to make it incapable of working right which then forces you to get a new phone.  Omg so sick of the bs. 

Updated mine the other day.  No problems with camera or galleries.  No notice of slowing down, as a matter of fact, mine is SCREAMING in speed now.  If you haven't tried it yet, reboot your phone.  Try clearing the Cache partition.  Give it some time while your phone adjusts to the new firmware update.  Takes a bit to shuffle and update the apps and files.  But like I said, mine is screaming fast now.  

Running AT&T Version FTJ7

Asteroid

Mine updated 11/25 to ftj3.  Then on 11/26 to ftj6. Says there are no more updates now. 

ok. anyway you can give us a bit more information? What takes forever while taking photos? What happens when you try to moved photos to an album? Have you tried rebooting? Clearing the Cache partition? More information please.
Asteroid

Did as you suggested.  Got 1 photo moved to an album.  Won't let me move videos (they are short 30 sec videos) to albums.   When I try to move a little notice comes up that says Unable to move. Camera has a lag between touching to take pic before it actually takes the pic.   Also, no matter what app I am in the screen freezes up and will stop scrolling.  

I wish mine was faster. But sadly it is just slower and worse!

BTW this is on the Note 9 with verizon

@userUk64Qq7CAn wrote:

Did as you suggested.  Got 1 photo moved to an album.  Won't let me move videos (they are short 30 sec videos) to albums.   When I try to move a little notice comes up that says Unable to move. Camera has a lag between touching to take pic before it actually takes the pic.   Also, no matter what app I am in the screen freezes up and will stop scrolling.  

I wish mine was faster. But sadly it is just slower and worse!

BTW this is on the Note 9 with verizon

I got no idea.  Usually after an update, things are glitchey for a while then straighten out.  You can try clearing the Cache Partition, or try booting up in safe mode, or at the worst, make sure that everything is backed up (Samsung Smart Switch, or Google) and try a total Factory reset, followed by a restore.  It's a pain to do though.  I've had to do it one time in my life, BUT it fixed my problems that I had at the time.  

Asteroid

Just did another update Dec 13th - nothing it fixed yet!  Omg!!!