cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darly58
Cosmic Ray

One UI Home draining my battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am wondering what One UI Home actually does and why it's eating up my battery all of a sudden.  I did just get my Note 9 back from Samsung (they factory reset) after replacing the camera.  Not sure if it's part of the problem or what I can do to take care of the drain.  I have the power set to "optimized" and the above mentioned is using 8% compared to 1% of the other apps showing.  Thanks for any help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: One UI Home draining my battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrsyI3Bp6gp wrote:

This doesn't address the problem, but only triages it.  The cause is the app "One UI Home" that is draining the battery.

One UI IS the operating system for your phone.  It's not an app, it's the underlying system running the phone.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@darly58 Have you tried these troubleshooting steps here?

darly58
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have.  I did have some kind of an update a day or two ago.  What does UI Home do if I may ask?  Is it something I can shut off options to it?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The One UI Home is the just the new interface. It's whats giving the new look that came with the update.

userSP43LSpNdP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Battery usage, 69.5% with ONE UI Home.   I’m from 89% life at mid day to now in the 20% range.   All happening since the last early August software update !?  Pleasssssse help?  Ubreakwefix ran diagnostic check and my year old battery is within your tolerances.   

userrsyI3Bp6gp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This doesn't address the problem, but only triages it.  The cause is the app "One UI Home" that is draining the battery.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrsyI3Bp6gp wrote:

One UI IS the operating system for your phone.  It's not an app, it's the underlying system running the phone.  

View solution in original post