cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdrch
Cosmic Ray

OpenVPN Connect gets stuck on the Connection request pop-up on the Verizon Note9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OpenVPN Connect gets stuck on the Connection request dialog on the Verizon Note9 when I'm trying to connect to my VPN. While I can tap Cancel in the screenshot below, I can't tap OK, even when I use a mouse:

Screenshot_20190528-093311.jpgI cannot tap OK, for some reason

I tried connecting to the same VPN using OpenVPN Connect on my Galaxy S5 running LOS 16.1 and it worked, so I'm pretty sure the problem lies with the Note9. Ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jdrch
Cosmic Ray

Re: OpenVPN Connect gets stuck on the Connection request pop-up on the Verizon Note9

JUMP TO SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

Re: OpenVPN Connect gets stuck on the Connection request pop-up on the Verizon Note9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use the OpenVPN For Android app, which works fine on my Note9 (N960U1, TMO).

jdrch
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, tried that app and got the same problem, so it definitely seems to be an issue with the phone OS itself.

jdrch
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you grant the app any special permissions? Per XDA and the EU Samsung Community, you need to make apps that use the OpenVPN protocol Device Administrators for them to connect.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't recall the installation details from months ago, but I don't see the OpenVPN For Android app listed now among the Device Admin Apps, but it's working without difficulty.

jdrch
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION