cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertE6euVnpuL
Constellation

Patch update ruined my phone battery and limited internet

I was forced as usual up do the stupid security patch update Saturday. Once it was completed I realized that only certain apps could use the internet and my battery was draining significantly fastDr. We'll start with the internet! 

I can't stream anything from YouTube, can't refresh Instagram, Facebook or any social media apps. Also I cannot use Google maps. I can search for things using Google voice and it'll bring up results but can't access the links provided within the results. I can stream Google play podcasts no problems. It will not work on Wi-Fi or 4G. The only way I can get it to work is to restart my phone and the data will only work for about 10-20 minutes and then it says can't reload or no connection. All signals are full, all bars are there. Yes, data is turned on. It's very very frustrating! All sprint could do is offer me some stupid magic box to help with a connection. Cool.

Time for battery. My phone is 8 months old, I've never had battery issues in any of my Sam sung phones since the $7. I'll make this  simple. I'm a truck driver and I can constantly stream 3 hours straight any podcast or YouTube and it'll be about 82%-85%. This morning I wasn't 45 mins down the road and it was at 70%. All this started right after that stupid update!!!! Anyone else? 

3 REPLIES 3
Bmw135in54
Astronaut

I'm experiencing the same issue. Usually I play music thr...

I'm experiencing the same issue. Usually I play music through my bluetooth speaker and by the end of the day my phone battery is anywhere between 65% and 75% and that includes checking it for messages and answering them accordingly. Now my phone drops to around 25% even if I don't check any messages or respond to them. I have no clue why it's doing this but it's really upsetting me.

usertE6euVnpuL
Constellation

Re: I'm experiencing the same issue. Usually I play music thr...

When did you update  your phone? Did it start soon after? Do you use  any sort of power saving mode? I use  medium ps mode  but when i switch it to optimized or max power save ' the internet is fine. I just figured this  part out. My phone is at 42% and says 6 hours  left on battery. Ridiculous! Should say like 10-13 hours!

bhindgreeneyez
Constellation

Hmmm! Did anyone find a solution to this battery issue yet?

Hmmm! Did anyone find a solution to this battery issue yet?