cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Pattern will not unlock device / is there remote unlock on Note 9?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have biometrics and a pattern lock on my current deivce (Note 9), and the phone will make you enter the pin/pattern after a certain amount of time using biometrics to unlock your phone. However, this time when I was trying to unlock my phone, the pattern would simply poweroff the display and the phone would stay locked. I fixed this by restarting the device and my pattern would let me unlock the phone.

I was wondering if anybody else had this problem and if there is any way to fix it? Or will I just have to restart my phone everytime this occurs.

I also looked at the find my mobile feature that samsung has, but it said "remote unlock is off" for the unlock option when I was still trying to unlock my device. Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 3.55.27 AM.png

Online I found that for the galaxy s9 there seems to be and option to toggle this on/off but it seems to be missing on the Note 9 (at least on my device). Does the Note 9 not have the option for remote unlock?

20200601_035641.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Pattern will not unlock device / is there remote unlock on Note 9?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, have you recently updated your device?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. To turn on the remote unlock setting for find my mobile, give these steps a try: go to settings > biometrics and security > find my mobile >  remove unlock

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm going through the settings and the only toggleable options under the "find my mobile" tab are the ones shown in the attachments above (Remote controls, Google location service, and Send last location).

I've also tried a general search through the settings for "remove unlock"/"unlock" but was unable to find anything.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, have you recently updated your device?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just checked and I did have auto update on, but when going to check the manual update it seems I was on a security patch from back in 2018. Updating to the most recent patch seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you both! c: