cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2lFmTRWbpT
Asteroid

Phone Gets REALLY Warm when Charging?

Hi there,

So I've had my note 9 for almost a year, and it seems that I've just had this issue recently in which my note 9 gets really warm when charging. Even after charging it overnight using the charger that it came with, it gets extremely hot. I also sometimes receive messages that it goes into slow charging mode and I'm not sure why. This has been occurring even before the newest software update. I've already restarted the phone several times. Is this normal? Any help would be great!

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone Gets REALLY Warm when Charging?

Hello there, does this happen with other chargers as well?

user2lFmTRWbpT
Asteroid

I do have a charging chord in my car but I dont think it ever gets as warm as it does with my original charger

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms if you try charging your device in safe mode? Do you experience these symptoms if you charger phone with it powered off?

user2lFmTRWbpT
Asteroid

I tried charging it with the power off yesterday, and there wasn't any significant heat. I have not tried it in safe mode, so it seems like this issue only occurs when my phone is on

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend trying to charge your device in safe mode to see if you experience these symptoms.

user2lFmTRWbpT
Asteroid

Okay, so I charged it in safe mode last night, and it gets very warm as well. It didn't seem like it got as hot outside of safe mode, but was still very warm.

user2lFmTRWbpT
Asteroid

Anything else I should try to do?

Honored Contributor

@user2lFmTRWbpT wrote:

Okay, so I charged it in safe mode last night, and it gets very warm as well. It didn't seem like it got as hot outside of safe mode, but was still very warm.

Go to settings>device care>battery and then battery usage, see which of the apps/services using your battery more

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user2lFmTRWbpT Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information

• Model number
  • IMEI number