cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhhayden
Constellation

Phone Turned Itself Off in the Middle of the Night?

So, I was 3 hours late to work this morning because my phone somehow turned itself off in the middle of the night. It was charging, 100% full battery, yet it turned off. I woke up, went to look at the time and realized my phone wasn't responding so then I turned it on. When I arrived at work, my coworker told me that his Note 9 did the exact same thing last night. What is going on and why is this happening? I use my phone as an alarm so this is not very cool at all that it suddenly turned off because otherwise I won't wake up. Now I can't rely on my phone, which has my favorite alarm, to wake me up. I was very upset this morning and everyone at work was wondering if something happened to me.

3 REPLIES 3
Black Hole

Re: Phone Turned Itself Off in the Middle of the Night?

@dhhayden wrote:

So, I was 3 hours late to work this morning because my phone somehow turned itself off in the middle of the night. It was charging, 100% full battery, yet it turned off. I woke up, went to look at the time and realized my phone wasn't responding so then I turned it on. When I arrived at work, my coworker told me that his Note 9 did the exact same thing last night. What is going on and why is this happening? I use my phone as an alarm so this is not very cool at all that it suddenly turned off because otherwise I won't wake up. Now I can't rely on my phone, which has my favorite alarm, to wake me up. I was very upset this morning and everyone at work was wondering if something happened to me.

When you turned the phone on in the morning, what the battery full?

dhhayden
Constellation

Yeah, I said it was full.

LamoidZombieDog
Constellation

Unfortunately I just got rid of my note 9 for a note 10+. If it was others then just you who had this, it may have been some sort of Samsung emergency patch that was force downloaded