cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone gets so hot it exists multi window mode

Like the title, when I have multi window mode going and charging at the same time, the phone gets so hot to the point of not only closing multi window mode but also so hot it's almost too much to touch it. This is also through an OtterBox defender case so Lord knows how hot the phone actually is. But when I feel the screen it's insane. Even when it is just charging it's very hot. Any suggestions? Or should I contact Samsung and try to get it replaced or something? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Phone gets so hot it exists multi window mode

@userynHYqErcAy sorry to hear that!

Here's an article from a third-party that may help: https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-note-9-that-overheats-1097647

Some routine troubleshooting for an issue like this:

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Supernova

@WorldOfDarkness94 

Did this end up helping you? Let me know if so by accepting it as the solution. This will help others find that as well.

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted

ond of the security updates caused this issue I think the 2.1 build
Highlighted

can you try using ur phone in safe mode and see if ur phone gets hot enough to exit the split screen?