cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NonStopGalaxy
Asteroid

Phone makes calls by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 9 is auto dialing phone numbers while in Samsung Messages or just whenever sometimes.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Phone makes calls by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@NonStopGalaxy wrote:

My Note 9 is auto dialing phone numbers while in Samsung Messages or just whenever sometimes.

Check this... 

Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and gestures > Direct Call and turn this feature off.  The descriptor reads  "Make a call by bringing your phone close to your ear. "  Unfortunatly, the Note 9 can't tell whether it's an ear, a hand, a finger, a desk, a pocket or a lap.  The sensor picks up something and it dials the number.  This is a common complaint.  The recent update seems to have turned this feature on.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Watari
Astronaut

Yea, mine calls who im texting sometimes. I just thought...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea, mine calls who im texting sometimes. I just thought my Note9 was touch sensitive.

Samsung_ZtZHoLL
Astronaut

Does IT have a screen protector?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does IT have a screen protector?

Re: Phone makes calls by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@NonStopGalaxy wrote:

Check this... 

Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and gestures > Direct Call and turn this feature off.  The descriptor reads  "Make a call by bringing your phone close to your ear. "  Unfortunatly, the Note 9 can't tell whether it's an ear, a hand, a finger, a desk, a pocket or a lap.  The sensor picks up something and it dials the number.  This is a common complaint.  The recent update seems to have turned this feature on.  

View solution in original post

user15NTX6WDOc
Constellation

Shaking the phone or moving it slightly side to side or w...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Shaking the phone or moving it slightly side to side or whatever will cause the phone to call when you're texting. It's a feature and is working as intended for the most part. It's just a little touchy if your phone hasn't been calibrated in a while ir a poor calibration was initially done when first user initialization wasn't completed correctly or was done poorly.

Highlighted

Re: Shaking the phone or moving it slightly side to side or w...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user15NTX6WDOc wrote:

Shaking the phone or moving it slightly side to side or whatever will cause the phone to call when you're texting. It's a feature and is working as intended for the most part. It's just a little touchy if your phone hasn't been calibrated in a while ir a poor calibration was initially done when first user initialization wasn't completed correctly or was done poorly.

Uhhhh... What??