cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLG38mBw7y7
Constellation

Phone randomly reboots after Sept 1 security update - but ONLY with fingerprint recognition enabled

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my Note 9 for nearly a year and absolutely love it. The fingerprint scanner worked particularly well right up until two days ago. I installed a security patch (security software version SMR-Sept-2019 Release 1) in the morning and within a half hour my phone began to reboot about every 10-15 minutes. I started researching and tried a couple of things, such as clearing the cache and doing a soft reboot. Nothing worked. Then I read a post that suggested that the fingerprint recognition feature might be causing an issue. I disabled it and the phone immediately stopped rebooting. It's very frustrating because the fingerprint recognition is my preferred way of unlocking my phone. I've tried re-enabling it and the phone immediately begins to reboot again. Deleting and re-entering the fingerprints does not help. Given the timing, I am positive that the problem is caused by the security update, so I see no need to complete a complete hard reset. Sadly, there is no way to uninstall an update, so I'm stuck with it. I'd like to know if anyone else is having a problem and if this issue is on Samsung's radar to be addressed. BTW, my service provider is Verizon.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone randomly reboots after Sept 1 security update - but ONLY with fingerprint recognition e...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung's recommended fix is a repair with our ship-in service centers. If you are interested in having this set up, you are welcome to message me here with your full model code and IMEI number: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone randomly reboots after Sept 1 security update - but ONLY with fingerprint recognition e...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung's recommended fix is a repair with our ship-in service centers. If you are interested in having this set up, you are welcome to message me here with your full model code and IMEI number: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post