Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlpAdOM5Idu
Constellation

Phone restarts overnight

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all.

My Note 9 restarts sometimes at night and requires a PIN. This means my alarm doesn't go off and I have been late for work 3 times now! 

I have tried turning off automatic updates. I have also turned off auto optimistaion. But it still happens on average once per week. 

It has plenty of battery and is never plugged in charging overnight. 

Any other things I can try? 

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone restarts overnight

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have auto restart feature enabled on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have auto restart feature enabled on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userlpAdOM5Idu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey SamsungZell.

Yes! It was turned on at 03.00 every Friday, which would explain why it was happening once a week! DUH. I didn't know 'auto restart' was a thing, as I had turned off the auto update and auto optimisation already. 

I think you have just saved my job, or me having to go to Argos to buy an alarm clock! 

Thank you 1000 times :-) 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @userlpAdOM5Idu,

You can always leave it enabled and adjust your settings to allow the auto restart feature in the future, I personally would recommend at a time when you are off work and home to enter the pin for your alarm to function properly!

We are so glad to hear that you were able to locate the cause of your symptoms and know where the setting is for future use, You are very welcome!

Hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell