JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone running slow

(Topic created: 09-10-2019 07:25 AM)
user79HVfcJJyG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just caming back from holiday,took a lot of photo and video. I turn on flight mode during that time,but sometimes I switched off (I disabled roaming charge option).

My problem occur when I connected to wifi,some apps need update from google play,I accepted to updated. I thought my phone getting slow because the large photo and video that I took. I decided to move it those to google drive account and the rest of it I deleted all,even in trash gallery I empty it

I had clear cache partition too,but it wasnt help. It was different speed when I unlock my phone before vacation and now. Some apps took more time to be opened.

Latest softwate is android 9. Night camera mode running ok, QR scanner Ok,only the phone is getting slower. I activated developer option and changed the transisition animation scale,also animator duration scale to .5x

Can anyone help me please? Thx

6 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user79HVfcJJyG wrote:

I just caming back from holiday,took a lot of photo and video. I turn on flight mode during that time,but sometimes I switched off (I disabled roaming charge option).

My problem occur when I connected to wifi,some apps need update from google play,I accepted to updated. I thought my phone getting slow because the large photo and video that I took. I decided to move it those to google drive account and the rest of it I deleted all,even in trash gallery I empty it

I had clear cache partition too,but it wasnt help. It was different speed when I unlock my phone before vacation and now. Some apps took more time to be opened.

Latest softwate is android 9. Night camera mode running ok, QR scanner Ok,only the phone is getting slower. I activated developer option and changed the transisition animation scale,also animator duration scale to .5x

Can anyone help me please? Thx

1) Which apps were updated? When you go to google play store to check on your apps, look at the section under updates.  Make a list of apps that could impact overall system performance...

2) Go to settings>device care>battery and then battery usage, see which of the apps/services eat your battery more

3) FYI - there were times where google app could act strange and introduce some issues, google play store could update itself could be bugged

user79HVfcJJyG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

1. I dont know which apps that I updated. I turn on auto-update when its connected to wifi,so there were (at least) 10 new updated apps. I've checked to my google playstore,there was many apps which updated. When I check to device care to clear cache/stoping background apps,there was only few apps run and doesnt took memory space much.

2. I did,only few apps were run. Such as googleplay update,messenger,calender

3. Do you think its happened because I'm not fully succesful download all phone software (android 9)

Thx for your help

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user79HVfcJJyG wrote:

1. I dont know which apps that I updated. I turn on auto-update when its connected to wifi,so there were (at least) 10 new updated apps. I've checked to my google playstore,there was many apps which updated. When I check to device care to clear cache/stoping background apps,there was only few apps run and doesnt took memory space much.

2. I did,only few apps were run. Such as googleplay update,messenger,calender

3. Do you think its happened because I'm not fully succesful download all phone software (android 9)

Thx for your help

Hmm, maybe you can check for software update that might be available for your phone?

0 Likes
user79HVfcJJyG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've checked,there is no new software available. Mine is the latest one.

This situation is very strange because I did photograph and video a lot,like almost 1-2Gb of memory is taken (flight mode is ON) but my Note9 was totally fine. Opening-closing apps,multi task apps open run smoothly. But when I connect to wifi,and some apps were update,things happened,its getting slower than before.

Do you think factory reset is necessary ? @Charkatak 

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user79HVfcJJyG wrote:

I've checked,there is no new software available. Mine is the latest one.

This situation is very strange because I did photograph and video a lot,like almost 1-2Gb of memory is taken (flight mode is ON) but my Note9 was totally fine. Opening-closing apps,multi task apps open run smoothly. But when I connect to wifi,and some apps were update,things happened,its getting slower than before.

Do you think factory reset is necessary ? @Charkatak 

Do you also use apps that backup your photos and videos such as Google Photos? 

If you are thinking about factory reset, just make sure you have a back up available.  You can do so in settings>accounts and backup>backup and restore>backup data

0 Likes
Solution
userSzdczi9jnH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

1- Get rid of launchers: If you have installed any custom launchers on your phone, you should get rid of them.
2- Get rid of security apps: It's true that Android may have some security related bugs, just like any other operating system.
3- Get rid of apps that optimise: The Nexus phones don't come with any optimising app and yet they are the fastest Android devices you can get.
4- Remove unwanted apps: Go to Settings > Apps and scroll through the list. We don't realise but as we use the phone we often install apps that we don't need, or may be not even use, and then forget to uninstall them.
5- Free up storage: When internal storage is full in a phone it can have significant effect on the phone's performance because fuller disks have slow read and write data speed.
6- Make apps behave: Some apps are necessary but they can also be annoying. For example, an e-retail app.
7- Clear app cache: Apps like the Facebook tend to collect and store a lot of data in their cache.
8- Reboot it: Within the IT department, it is easy to hear "have you tried turning it off and on again".
9- Clear the phone's cache: This is different from clearing the cache of apps.
10- Do the factory reset: Once again, you should exercise this as the last option.