cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone stuck in zoom mode and apps dont work

Hello, 

my phone is stuck in what seems to be a permanent "Zoom" mode. I've watched probably about a dozen Youtube videos about how to unzoom your phone, and none of which were explained have been the same issue I'm dealing with. My phone screen is stuck in zoom, yet when I try to press on any of the apps displayed it takes me to a different app. It seems that the display is zoomed in, yet the apps remain in the same place as if it were to be my regular screen. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense with my explanation, but if there is any sot of help it would be greatly appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Phone stuck in zoom mode and apps dont work

Hi there! 

I'm actually having the same issue. It's not zoomed, it's the screen resolution, or at least that's what fixes it. As a workaround you can adjust power saving or resolution settings. For my part I have a USB to hdmi adapter that I plugged into my tv and was able to jigger the touch screen enough to get to the display settings. This only works until reboot though. 

I think Samsung dex works if you USB to your computer. You could try that route and see what you get if you don't have the above adapter. I think we're until stuck with this until the next patch. Good luck! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am also having this issue.  If you Google Assistant enabled with the wake word, you can ask it to open Display Settings and then change the resolution from there.  I hope they patch this soon!

Highlighted
Constellation

This solution works. However, it still shows for me 'Firmware update not completed'

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thank you so much! This worked! However, you have to use the adapter that came with your phone to plug in a mouse to control and tap. Touch tapping doesn't work. 

BTW... Called, t mobile, and samsung support and they couldn't figure it out. They sent me to a authorized retailer who does tech support for Samsung and they counldn't figure it out either. Took many searches to come across this page. 

Thank you!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Having the exact same issue with my father's Note9! His Note just received the June patch. After the update, he experienced the exact same issue. He keeps his phone on high performance, so he was unable to change the resolution. I ended having to plug the phone into a monitor and enable screen mirroring. From there, I switched the Power Mode to Optimized. That then lowered the resolution to FHD + (2220 x 1080). His display went back to normal. Fyi, if you change the power mode back to High Performace, WQHD (2960 x 1440), the resolution will still appear fine. However, as soon as you reboot your phone, the exaxt same issue happens. I found that if I keep the phone on Optimised w/ res FHD + (2220 x 180) and perform reboot, you won't run into the same issue. So please keep your phones on Optimised mode or lower so that you won't run into this issue again. Samsung, please fix this right away!!!! 

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes this was the exact issue I had. It was tedious but I used my stylus to get to the resolution settings. I really hope they fix this issue very soon. Glad you were able to resolve your issue as well!

Highlighted
Constellation

Please explain how you did that.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Just tell Bixby to turn off high performance

Highlighted
Asteroid

Just tell Bixby to turn off high performance..