cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone won't charge - stuck on "charging" screen but doesn't show percent

Hello! I'm having a issue with my Note 9. It absolutely refuses to charge. I am not getting a "water in charging port" error, all I'm getting is the grey circle and lightning bolt icon you get if you were to start charging after your phone has turned off due to 0% battery power. I can get into the force boot system, all that does is allow me to "turn it on", where I'll see the static Samsung boot screen for about 5 minutes, before the phone turns itself off again.

I desperately need urgent help with this.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Phone won't charge - stuck on "charging" screen but doesn't show percent

If your battery is that low, you may have to leave it on the charger for quite a while before an indication shows up on the screen. Leave it connected for 15-20 minutes and see if it acts normally. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Phone won't charge - stuck on "charging" screen but doesn't show percent

It's a note 8, 9, etc issue from apps that cause the battery to strap accepting a charge. They don't know which stops cause it. Samsung has no prob telling us this. Yet they continue to sell new ones and then when you bring the brick back after a few months, they sell you a replacement(even though they're ALL still under warranty!) for 300 more dollars! And the replacement is always a used refurbished junk phone, with mine the replacement has to be recharged event 8 to 10 hours or battery dies, my almost still new one that bricked up held charge for almost 2 full days!). They know about this issue, they're not hiding it, in fact they are the ones that explained it to me, Samsung, they're the ones that told me certain apps cause the won't take a charge problem and that they didn't know which apps were causing it. Yea, sooooo...... It's NOT A SECRET. The problem is they're selling you the same item twice!!!!!!! Once for a thousand dollars!! the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc, etc, etc time it's 250 to 300 bucks each!! even though the phones are under the 12 month warranty!!! mine was 8 months old!!!!!! and i got back a junk replacement note 9, NOT A NEW ONE!! A refurbished junk one for 300 dollars and this one won't stay charged more than 10 hours before its DEAD!!
Highlighted
Astronaut

I hope it does, but my Note 9 died on me without any warning. I had to get a replacement and I'm still upset about it.
I posted it in the community--checking to see if anyone else had the same issue.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Phone won't charge - stuck on "charging" screen but doesn't show percent

my note 9 died, went black screen, wouldn't charge, nothing! My battery was at 9 percent!! It went down to 0 and has never charged since, it's a brick!! Yes, they gave me a new phone but i lost a LOT OF THINGS! The phone was 8 months old!!!! I didn't turn mine back in! That's what they want everyone to do, i refused! Now I'm looking for class action as THEY'VE KNOWN ABOUT NOTE8, 9, ISSUES WITH THE BSOD WHEN BATTERY GETS LESS THAN 10%, YET KEEP SELLING EM! WITHOUT WARNING, WITHOUT ANY NOTICE, JUST KEEP SELLING!!! KNOWING THIS! THEN WANT US TO PAY ANOTHER 250, 300 FOR WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!
Highlighted
Astronaut

btw, it's thousands of note 8 and 9's that have already done this! And thrust essentially sold us a phone at least TWICE, maybe 3 or 4 times!!! One for thousand dollars and the rest for like 300 EACH!!! THROUGH THEIR WARRANTY OR BEST BUYS WARRANTY OR HOW EVER!! But it's NOTHING WE DID WRONG!!
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Phone won't charge - stuck on "charging" screen but doesn't show p..

When my note 9 did the won't charge anymore thing after 8 months, i took it back to best buy under my geek squad warranty i paid a lot extra for and they looked at it and within 60 seconds they said not fixable, would have to send me a new one! They knew RIGHT AWAY because they've already seen this prob soooooo many other times!!! And, told ME TO GIVE THEM 300 DOLLARS!! After 8 months and they said it was NOTHING I DID WRONG!!!!!! They have been hiding this issue and still selling these bricks!! for a GRAND EACH!! AND THE REPLACEMENT NOTE 9 THAT THEY SENT ME WAS A JUNK REFURBISHED PIECE OF CRPA!!!! IT'S NOT NEW LIKE MINE THAT THEY WANTED ME TURN BACK IN(THAT I WOULDN'T TURN BACK IN, I KEPT MINE!), this replacement is literally junk! The battery won't hold a charge for more than 9 or 10 hours!!!! it's NOT NEW like my 1000 dollar note 9 was that i brought back(but would NOT TURN IN because i was SOOOOO ANGRY!!!!). It's literally a piece of junk they MADE ME PAY THEM 300 MORE DOLLARS TO REPLACE!!!!!!!!!!!
Highlighted
Supernova

@userY1GjQQ4B5U does this help article assist you?

https://thedroidguy.com/what-to-do-if-your-samsung-galaxy-note-9-wont-charge-out-of-the-box-1088917

• Try a known to work cable and charger
  • Try a different outlet
  • Reset the device cache if the issue continues
  • Reset the device if you can while plugged in

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted

check if the back is swollen, 
i think it is battery issue than software.