cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone won't charge - stuck on "charging" screen but doesn't show percent

Hello! I'm having a issue with my Note 9. It absolutely refuses to charge. I am not getting a "water in charging port" error, all I'm getting is the grey circle and lightning bolt icon you get if you were to start charging after your phone has turned off due to 0% battery power. I can get into the force boot system, all that does is allow me to "turn it on", where I'll see the static Samsung boot screen for about 5 minutes, before the phone turns itself off again.

I desperately need urgent help with this.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Phone won't charge - stuck on "charging" screen but doesn't show percent

If your battery is that low, you may have to leave it on the charger for quite a while before an indication shows up on the screen. Leave it connected for 15-20 minutes and see if it acts normally. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I hope it does, but my Note 9 died on me without any warning. I had to get a replacement and I'm still upset about it.
I posted it in the community--checking to see if anyone else had the same issue.
Highlighted
Supernova

@userY1GjQQ4B5U does this help article assist you?

https://thedroidguy.com/what-to-do-if-your-samsung-galaxy-note-9-wont-charge-out-of-the-box-1088917

• Try a known to work cable and charger
  • Try a different outlet
  • Reset the device cache if the issue continues
  • Reset the device if you can while plugged in

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted

check if the back is swollen, 
i think it is battery issue than software.