cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Comet

Pie is out on AT&T!

My phone is updating right now, said it's 9.0 Pie. Whoo!

1841 Mb

This is on AT&T (US)

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Pie is out on AT&T!

@Geno71 wrote:

My phone is updating right now, said it's 9.0 Pie. Whoo!

1841 Mb

This is on AT&T (US)

you're using note 9 at&t?

DadoM
Constellation

It looks like that update is limited only to phones locked to ATT. I have an unlocked phone with an ATT SIM and don't see the Pie update. So, I guess we with phones bought from Samsung are last in line for the update. 

Highlighted
Comet

Yes guys, I'm using AT&T locked phone and their service. It's no secret that carriers are only responsible for updating their own phones, it's not about the service, it's about their specific software.

The update installed fine. As always with these "major" updates, there are some things I love and some I'm not crazy about. It takes some time to get used to, but some UI elements are just a little too thick now, too bold, too round and so on. And some of my customization apps stopped working entirely. It's OK though, I remember feeling the same way about Oreo, then got used to everything and it was fine. 

Thank God my Bixby remap still works as intended. That's the most important app I have!

Overall it's nice to have, but as I said many times before, these updates, no matter how major they might seem, are still very minor overall. Just UI changes mostly for the sake of making a change, some are even steps back. It's not worth losing your sleep over. A positive sign is that it came out so soon on AT&T, there vere always taking so long, and I think VZ just released theirs too, it should be coming to everyone else in days, not weeks or months. 

userAg6WitffA7
Asteroid

My phone updated....... This is a serious question, what is the big deal about this update? I personally think its garbage. Horrible. I wish I could delete it

Comet

Like I said... some things are nice, and some are not so great. Personally I'm not a fan of everything moving to the bottom, and thicker and bolder notifications, quick settings instead of the elegant Galaxy style now match every cheap Android phone out there. Default widgets got uglier too. I'm also not a fan of some lock screen and Always On Display changes.

But I'm also finding cool things. There is now an option to use another S-Pen even when the phone's S-Pen is in the device, that's something I've been asking for. I like the new gesture navigation with 3 thin bars at the bottom, and I like how the new dialer and camera look, but again, not a big fan of how contacts and settings look now, too thick and bold and more scrolling. I'm not too worried about the rest of the UI as I use Nova Launcher and don't see any other One UI elements. The phone feels maybe a little bit snappier, it's hard to tell as this phone was always super fast anyway.

It'll take some getting used to and I'm sure we'll forget about whatever minor annoyances it brought. I get similar feelings with every "major" OS update then get over it over time.

user84KqZyuYlM
Constellation

After my update on AT&T, I have persistent handles on left and right as well as the edge handle that is usable in the upper left for a total of 3. I can turn off edge panels sitter but the two stay and don't do anything but block touching right there next to them which is bad since the number row on keyboard is right there. Anyone know how to get rid of these? I tried turning off edge panels and they still show. Also I have tried the transparency trick, no good there either. Is this a known "upgrade" or a known issue? Thanks in advance.

Well.......  I'm fixing to find out. The hard way I guess .  At&T.  Surprised it hit this fast . WellW find out in a bit. 

user84KqZyuYlM
Constellation

So I just figured it out, an app called One Handed +. Uninstall it and it gets rid of those bars. Must have installed with the update, said it wasn't even supported for the OS which is odd.

Hmmmm.  No extra bars, no one hand app.  Seems to be running to be running smooth so far. I just wish they'd fix the contacts app/text message notification tones. I guess I need to holler more. LOL