cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Playstore updates not downloading

I have had an ongoing problem with my note 9 not updating apps in the google playstore.  It will show updates pending with a list of apps to update that never move beyond "download pending".

Occasionally the apps will update themselves out of the blue but only very occasionally, I usually have 20-40 updates sitting trying to download.

I have tried every solution I can find:

• cleaning cache and data and force closing the play store and google play services
  • I have factory reset the phone several times, apps update for a short while after the update then stop again
  • restarted the phone umpteen times
  • I have deleted update to the play store with no effect
  • I have reset my wifi
  • I have tried updating on data only
  • I have removed my micro sd card, no effect

In short, I have tried every solution I can find with no results.  has anyone else ran into this problem and if so were you able to fix it?

Does anyone know of any installed apps that might affect this procedure?

Desperate for help

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Playstore updates not downloading

Hello,

If none of the troubleshooting steps have helped, I would recommend having your device evaluated by a technician at a UBreakIFix location. Make sure your device is backed up prior to having a technician take a look at the device. Click on this link here to get the closet UBreakIFix location: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hi @userlnbnCYkXML 

Are you using any kind of firewall, Ad blocking or VPN apps? I had a similar issue but it was because I use a firewall app to block some ads in apps and I accidentally blocked a Google domain. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm not using a vpn or any adblocker (I have an adblocker on my laptop) and no firewall or VPN on my router as well.  I'm quite stymied.  The odd thing is I had this same problem crop up on my Samsung 7 edge although it would come and go with the edge.  With my Note 9 the problem is always there. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

I cannot update mine either. I'm so frustrated.
Highlighted
Asteroid

It is indeed very frustrating, not knowing if it is hardware or software, Android or Samsung or some other glitch.  Mine will go on like that for a week(s), then suddenly start updating normally again, then start the whole thing again Smiley Sad
A few days ago it did indeed start updating apps normally, we will see how long it lasts.

Hopefully, yours will as well

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Playstore updates not downloading

same here with note 10+
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have a similar problem on a few of my devices except it is with the galaxy store. I am only able to download or update if wifi is off. Samsung has been zero help and I get the response like the one above.....take it to ubreak store. Being a sr android developer I did some digging and it appears to be the ports that galaxy store and play store use are almost always blocked on home and mobile networks.

Who makes your home networking equipment? Do you still have problem if you leave wifi off? Does it happen on all wifi networks?
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have tried with and without wifi, as well on other wifi, the problem continues.  It will not update for weeks at a time, then out of the blue go back to normal.  very perplexing and annoying.  I wonder if this is a common problem with Samsung phones or all Android devices.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a note 10 plus with same issue. I hope a fix is coming soon as I have done all steps mentioned to include a full wipe/reset of phone and problem still persist.