Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userGeJ7mSNkZj
Asteroid

Problems with latest update. Contacts and pocket dialing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There were a number of annoyances with the last update, but there are 2 problems that need to be fixed.

First problem is that there is no way to restore the sort order to "last name, first name". The option no longer exists.

The second problem is that after sending a text message, and then turning the screen off with the right side power button, the phone then dials that contact when I put the phone in my pocket. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problems with latest update. Contacts and pocket dialing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_RxFoR86 wrote:

I have the same problem!!!! Were you able to find a solution

Listed above, but short version, the pocket dialing... 

Settings > advanced Features >Motions and Gestures>Direct Call and turn that off.  

For The contact bug.  Go to the CONTACTS app.  Not contacts through the phone, or contacts through messenger, but you must go through the CONTACTS APP!

Open contacts, click 3 dashes on the left side,  click the gear upper right corner. Presents several sort and filter options.  Change to Sort by last name.  

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try going into contacts then click the 3 lines in the left corner then select the settings gear sort by first or last name should be there

Try this to stop the pocket dialing go into settings advanced features then scroll down to motions and gesture and see if direct call is turned on if so toggle it off then you can turn on go to display and scroll to the bottom and turn on accidental touch protection 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
userGeJ7mSNkZj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure if this is a duplicate response, but I was unable to find the previous one.

The pocket dialing problem is probably solved, (haven't tested, but the option was changed to off)

The contact sorting problem was not solved, as the new version of contacts does not have the option to change sort order any more. I have searched all settings in the contact app and the Settings app.

BUZ

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just want to say im sorry that i wasnt able to help with the contact problem hopefully the pocket dialing problem is solve 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@GaryB82 is correct.. at least for baseband version CSC1.  Open contacts, click 3 dashes on the left side,  click the gear upper right corner. Presents several sort and filter options. At least on CSC1 on AT&T. 

userGeJ7mSNkZj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do n ot have 3 dashes on the left side, I have 3 dots in upper right corner. Click it and a menu of several options shows up, with settings being one. Go to settings, and the options are:
Block Numbers

Caller ID and SP#M protection

Call Alerts and Ringtones

Answering and ending calls

Quick decline messages

Show calls in a popup

Voicemail

Supplementary Services

Other Call Settings

About Phone

Other call settings contains:

Search for nearby places

Hide contacts without numbers

Show caller information

Roaming Assistance

TTY mode

Hearing Aids.

BUZ

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you hitting the contacts list through messages, or are you hitting it through the contacts app? 

Through messenger, I have what you are describing. Through the contact's app,  I  have what I'm describing. As I said,  I've got build CSC1 from AT&T.

userGeJ7mSNkZj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hust realized that it was through the phone App, and not the contacts app. You are right, and found the setting in the contacts app that had not made it to my home screen.

Thanks all, problems solved Smiley Very Happy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem.  Glad that we could help... 

Samsung_RxFoR86
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem!!!! Were you able to find a solution