cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Random reboots

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your help, that was the first thing I did. Ended up calling and talking to tech support they suggested returning phone and ordering a replacement. So now I am waiting on replacement.

View solution in original post

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you have fingerprint unlock turned on? Just curious. Disabling fingerprint unlock stopped my restarts. Common problem from what I've seen. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is this a solution?

The actual solution (as pointed out by others) is to disable the fingerprint reader until Samsung works through the problems with the firmware.

This randomly rebooting started on my phone on a Friday evening after an update.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried this of clearing cache and safe mode ,it still shuts down its self.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If after testing your device in safe mode you still experience the symptom, I recommend having your device checked out by a Samsung authorized technician. You may take your device to your local UBreakIfix and they can usually have your device back to you within a day. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @SamsungJace I am having the same issue as of today on my note9. It's working fine in Safe mode but when I switch back to normal it restarts approximately every 2 mins or less

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I realize this is an older thread, but I just got off the phone with samsung. The tech confirmed that it was a known issue with the fingerprint unlock and they are working on an OTA update to fix it. Took them long enough and hopefully it will fix the problem.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally a solution that seems to be working on my phone. I got the fingerprint sensor replaced at a ubreakifix and so far no random reboots. Not sure what was going on with the other sensor, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this fixes the problem. Any one else have their sensor replaced? If so, what were the results?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy Note 9 and I faced the same problem here. 

It happened after I've used it for a video recording for a couple of minutes underwater, less then 1m deep. After I dried it, everything was okay until the next day, when the phone started rebooting when kept idle for some minutes. 

I followed this steps for troubleshotting and none of them worked:

1. Used the phone in the Safe mode.

2. Reset all the confurations.

3. Wiped the cache.

4. Factory Reset it.

I took it to the support service and they said that it's a main board issue and we have to replace it. But, since it's 4 days out of the warranty period the cost of the repair isn't worth. 

Luckly, I've found the post at XDA Forum mentioning that it was problem in the fingerprint sensor regarding moisture. I tested the sensor and it was really failing some tests. After disabling the fingerprint unlock the problem didn't ocurred. So, I cleaned the sensor with the rubbing alchool and left drying. It worked for one day, but the next day I had the problem again and the fingerprint sensor test wasn't acusing any failure. I cleaned it again and left in the rice, and so far it's working fine.

I'm really disappointed with the support service diagnosis. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes same issues I had fix it by rebooting the phone into factory menu by holding pwr. Bixby, and vol up when you feel the vibration let go of power button. Select the clear cache portion. And then reboot into the os.