cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usere16pmieIfe
Asteroid

Random reboots

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Keep getting random reboots. Rebooted while reading gmail, has rebooted reading fox news app, rebooted useing camera, also has rebooted when i unlock it with fingerprint reader. I've tried wiping cache, have  done factory reset. Still get random reboots.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usere16pmieIfe
Asteroid

Re: Random reboots

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your help, that was the first thing I did. Ended up calling and talking to tech support they suggested returning phone and ordering a replacement. So now I am waiting on replacement.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @usere16pmieIfe, Can you provide me with the model number and baseband version of your device? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usere16pmieIfe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model #SMN960UZBV , Baseband #N960USQU1ARH2

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the information. Do you mind booting your phone into safe mode? Steps Here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usere16pmieIfe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok in safe mode now.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, thank you. Monitor your phone and let me know if it reboots randomly while in safe mode. 

usere16pmieIfe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok it rebooted. I opened the galaxy apps app (about the only thing not grayed out) and started to scroll down it froze and then rebooted.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the update. Have to checked to make sure your software is up to date?

usere16pmieIfe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it says it's up to date

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, seems a bit weird for a brand new phone to have this problem. Let's give this a shot; 

Steps here:

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.

When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key

When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).

Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’

Press the Power key to select. 

Press the Volume down key to highlight ‘yes’ a press the Power key to select.

When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this works for you. Thank you for your time and cooperation!