cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imperator1212
Astronaut

Rear Camera not Working on Note 9

My Note 9 was purchased just under 2 months ago. No damage has been sustained and I used my Camera a few days ago without issue. Now I went to use it and both my photos and videos from the rear camera are blurry and won't focus. The front Camera is working just fine, the oddest thing however is that Live Focus Mode still works, it offers image clarity and zooms in with Auto-Focus. Why would only 1 mode work? And if it still offers non blurry pictures and zooming with claritive accuracy does that mean that my camera may not be messed up? 

Any help appreciated, I already reset settings and forced stopped the Camera App with Data and Cache cleared and a phone restart. Also I have no updates pending but just had one the other day.

7 REPLIES 7
ToxicPoptart
Cosmic Ray

Re: Rear Camera not Working on Note 9

That is happening to the S10 line up as well but Samsung doesn't see it as a problem

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms in safe mode? Are you using the stock camera app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userx5zUMUyTZz
Constellation

I'm having this same issue have you received a solution?

userp2D7MIeEpQ
Asteroid

Is the phone under manufacturer's warranty?

Aytug
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue, pretty sure it's just a defective phone. I suggest if it's still under warranty to get a new phone or something.

Aytug
Astronaut

@ToxicPoptart I also have an S10+ and nothing is wrong with the camera, maybe certain phones from certain factories or something are defective. I have no idea.

Highlighted
OGBrock
Cosmic Ray

quick suggestion, go to camera do a normal photo tap screen so it does the force zoom action. once you've done that take a drop of water and I mean a literal drop and put it on the camera lens then tap the screen to force the auto focus to run again and it should force it to focus. not sure why water works on a camera to focus but I know first hand it works