cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Recent Update- Firmware Update Not Complete

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, I've been a software developer for over 25 years.  I would never push buggy stuff like this.  If I did I'd get in trouble because I work with HIPAA data.  (genetics software; healthcare; hardware: dna sequencers/pcr machines; cloud dev algorithms)  I know it's possible NOT to mess up this much.  Yet they do.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
has anyone found a solution to this?
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After speaking with Samsung support I was advised to take the phone to the local uBreakiFix and they will reflash the OS. They did reflash and the same error came back after a reboot, the great tech Dennis did not give up, he went into the OS and froze the ODADM Sprint app which is causing this issue. Now the phone works fine and I have rebooted over a 12 times and no error messages. I was told as long as I do not do a hard reset this will hold till Samsung addresses this on future updates. Thanks to the local uBreakiFix Tech Dennis. If you got one in your area, check with them. Good luck. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here what I tried. I took the T-Mobile sim when the power is on. Then put a Freedompop Sim in it. It ask me to restart. It restarted and fully booted up. Then I took the Freedompop Sim and put T-Mobile sim back and restarted. It doesn't give me the annoying message for 2 days now. So I guess you can put any another company Sim to try. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLUTION:

Here's exactly what I did on my S10e which worked for me:

Go to 'Settings' > 'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'

(It loads for a moment, then says SIM Restricted... blah blah blah)  Hit 'OK'
It takes me back to the to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'.  Hit 'Download and install'
(It loads for a moment, then says Your software is up to date... blah blah blah)
Then open that ever-present notification saying the profile didn't update.
(It loads for a minute, then says Profile updated... blah blah blah)  Hit 'OK'
(It loads again for another minute and says something similarly)  Hit 'OK'

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tmobile sent an update this morning and that seems to fix the problem. Keeping my finger crossed...maybe too early to say but worth the try. Good luck!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes! After trying all other methods, this worked for my S10+. Thank you!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What worked for you?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this worked for me too! Thank you for the suggestion, Samsung was telling me they would fix it at cost to me since I bought my phone used. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much! This worked and is the real solution, and should be on the first page. It sounds weird to do but works.