cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Recent Update- Firmware Update Not Complete

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked note 9 on t-mobile. I have had luck getting rid of the 407 message until next restart  doing the following:

1. Turn off phone

2. Take out sim

3. Turn on phone

4. After phone loads, insert sim.

I don't get the hourly message that firmware upgrade failed anymore.  But last time I restarted my phone it came back. I don't restart too often,  so it's longer relief than any of the other "solutions" offer. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. I contacted Samsung support and they said to take it to my local Ubreakifix store and have them take a look at the software, so I did but they couldn't fix it, so now what? I'm so disappointed at Samsung support that now I am seriously thinking of going back to iPhone, as a previous iPhone user I can say that apple has superior customer service. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What worked for me was Turn off dark mode(I got bored) then the error disappeared.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
and it has happened again with the recent update last week. firmware does not update after software update. and once again I am at my "data cap"..
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
this should honestly be able to update over WIFI if needed!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am dealing with the same issue. OMADM Firmware Error, after the last two updates I preformed...
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
same issue. tried all steps, even a factory reset and it's still happening.
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2+ months later and no solution is really disappointing. I ordered a free sim card from giffgaff just now since others have said that is a possible solution. I don't have an extra laying around.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a fix that worked for me:

https://community.t-mobile.com/android-9/omadm-notification-every-15-minutes-32316?postid=117607#pos...

SCROLL DOWN TO THE ANSWER BY  "hunter2451".  Follow the instructions to delete the app and it will work.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok. That is what fixes it. I tried the SIM card I got that wasn't t-mobile, but that didn't help either. For this solution, I only was able to execute the first command. The other came back as "not installed". But the steps I did:

Download adb here, then install on C:\ on a Windows PC

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-releases-separate-adb-and-fastboot-binary-downloads/

turn on USB debugging in developer options in settings on my s10e

open cmd on my PC, then:

cd C:\platform-tools

adb devices

adb shell

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.omadmspr

It says "Success", and reboot the phone and the error is gone. If you check apps and turn on system apps, there's no OMADM or Sprint OMADM app as you scroll down anymore. Thanks.