Re: New updated

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too

Did not work for mine. Its unlocked and on straight talk, t-mobile network

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of those "Solutions" worked. This is in NO WAY resolved!!! Come on Samsung!!! My family has been begging me to go to iPhone and this just may do it! Weeks with NO SOLITION!! Do Better. I've been with Samsing for 10 years and you are forcing me to re-think that decision! 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: New updated re: Sprint OMADM.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same issue with my Note 9 since the last software update from T-mobile. 

I have a thought. Since it is a Sprint OMADM issue, I thought replacing the SIM card back to the Sprint SIM card, then "rooting" the phone, getting rid of the Sprint OMADM, and then going back to the T-mobile SIM card.

My Note 9 is experiencing the additional problem of not allowing the 3 finger salute to get into wiping the cache partition. 

Trying different combinations of removing the SIM card and restarting the phone, I turned off the phone, removed the SIM card and restarted the phone. I got an "insert the SIM card" error message, but the phone went all the way through to the Home screen. Once there, I inserted the SIM card, and viola, NO update profile error message and no notification of error 407. Since then, the phone has stopped trying to update the profile every so often!

I have NOT restarted the phone for fear of re-initiating the Sprint OMADM issue. At some point I will have to restart. When I do, I will update this message. BON CHANCE. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish this topic wasn't marked as solved @SamsungAdam, as it isn't solved for a huge swath of users, probably only a tiny fraction posting here about it. I was hopeful after dealing with this for a couple weeks that an update this morning would fix the issue (the version ending in DTF6), but nothing changed, same 407 error, same hourly check and error popup. None of the suggested fixes here work for me, and from what I'm seeing, many others.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Funny, for me, the update today CAUSED the issue! Saw it was marked as solved, tried every single option, all to no avail. Just after I got back with Samsung after seven years of avoiding them like the plague for customer service issues, and frying my old Note 4 with an update, somehow.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Two weeks ago this advise was given and it has not solved anything. Can we get any type of offical statement on when this will be corrected. I am returning my Galaxy S10e as it has not been a month yet and going with another brand.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this does not solve the problem.  Please remove this as the solution and fix the firmware update 407 error that is effecting many samsung devices, including my s10e.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doesnt fix it. It will just come back in an hour. Please find a permanent fix.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear SamsungAdam, please note you have ZERO likes for this answer. 3+ weeks, and people are still trying your solution and it's not working.

Best to remove this, and post a list of possible things to try (none of which seem to be reliably working). What is needed is some honest communication from Samsung management.  People are getting turned off by  Samsung's lack of action.

Having had to send in my S10+ to the factory after owing it for less that 3 months, the lack of communication about this issue is not regaining my trust of Samsung Quality Assurance. Is it time for another bonfire of bad products in front of the Main building (as done many years ago by the CEO of Samsung? ( sorry I don't have a link handy)).

Tell the management brain trust that reduced internal costs, doesn't keep custoers around. Do things right or lose customers fast! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All 3 solutions did not work.

What is the next steps for customers who are still recieveing this error??

PLEASE HELP!!