cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Recent update, major problems

I recently competed whatever software update Samsung required for my phone (security?), and now, my phone is overheating, constantly losing signal, the screen is discolored  and the image on my home screen is stretched out of proportion. I cleared the cache, and this has not helped. I adjusted the display settings, and this has not helped. Please don't make mundane suggestions; I checked, this is happening frequently. The phone was fine, I ran your update  and now it is practically unusable. I can't make calls on it, because it randomly loses signal...all of the time. I got this phone brand new less than four months ago. What is the solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Recent update, major problems

I feel your pain! Although not as bad after I downloaded the update I have lost 4g capability. many others have my issue along with others. This update is full of bugs. I contacted Samsung and supposedly they are working on a patch or another update. he said it was gonna be launched this week but here it is Friday and no update. this is poor from Samsung. First issue I've had with them in years.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Recent update, major problems

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Just to clarify did you wipe the cache partition on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Recent update, major problems

It's the security patch that was released because as soon as I updated I had all kinds of issues with my note 10 plus
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Recent update, major problems

Any luck with help, or did they just turnbyour phone into a brick? I got this thing new, and will be very upset when they exchange it for "refurbished," especially during a pandemic.