cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Rooting a note 9

I would like to install an app from Play store but it requires root access...should I root my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 for it? Or is there a way in which i can grant it the permissions to the app to work properly without actually having to root it?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Rooting a note 9

Samsung does not recommend that you root your phone in any way. Rooting your phone would void your warranty. We only recommend that you download apps from the play store. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I believe only the sm-n960f or sm-n9600 are rootable, the US models have a locked bootloader, so good luck with that

Highlighted
Astronaut

If you have warranty do not root

Highlighted
Constellation

You can root and if something happens you can restore it as well. Just make sure you back up. Read everything and watch it on YouTube.

Highlighted

Only phones on contract have locked bootloader, plus there is always a way. Might be hard to find or hard to do but there is a way. Plus you shouldn't need to root your phone anyways I do alot of app disabling and installing apk without rooting my device.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I need to root to I my devices get comprimised continusly

Highlighted

The phone being compromised how? Depending on how they get in that could be really bad. Are they getting in to your google account because all your accounts and password are saved on google.