Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
castek
Asteroid

SMS/MMS Issues - Ex iPhone user

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All,

Ok, so I got sick of my iphone and have got myself a note 9, great phone. Battery life is a little shorter than on my iphone and having issues with the secondary camera but overall great handset.

My biggest issue is messaging. I know about all the imessage stuff, i turned it off my phone, i've gone to the website to de-register and that says i dont have imessage active so all good right?

Well, I can only send mms sometimes, and to some contacts, most times its just a fail. 

Also, when someone does send an image, i have two conversations. So eg, i have a thread from my wife of just text, and a thread of just images. 

I've spoken to my provider who assures all mms/apn settings are correct. any tips?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
castek
Asteroid

Re: SMS/MMS Issues - Ex iPhone user

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, the freedom is real. I've been an android user in the past but succumbed to apple at some point. 

Carrier is Vodafone Australia. They assure me all is fine from their end. 

I changed sim over Friday evening, so 5 days ago now.

It's the stock messaging app

It's strange. So i was able to mms my wife, but then last night I couldnt, now I can again. 

Others, it only let me mms them once they sent me an mms first

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First of all, welcome to the world of android where freedom is real lol. Okay so let me ask what is your carrier and does this happen to all people you texted? Maybe the issue is coming from other end not yours? and what messaging app you are using? please provide more details so we know what the issue is about.

I am not an apple user but according to apple it will take few hours for some apple devices to recognize you are not using iMessage.. Most people switching from apple to android will have this issue. give it sometime to recognize you are not using iMessage.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
castek
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, the freedom is real. I've been an android user in the past but succumbed to apple at some point. 

Carrier is Vodafone Australia. They assure me all is fine from their end. 

I changed sim over Friday evening, so 5 days ago now.

It's the stock messaging app

It's strange. So i was able to mms my wife, but then last night I couldnt, now I can again. 

Others, it only let me mms them once they sent me an mms first

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds to me the problem is from carrier side not the phone itself and this forum is specifically for USA customers there should be a designated forum for australia samsung.

My suggestion try to use android messages and use it temporarily to see if the problem persist. 

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
castek
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll try the android messaging app and see how that goes for now. thanks