cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

**STILL NO FIX!!!** Speaker comes on automatically on calls

My speaker keeps turning on automatically while making calls. Its very annoying and does it several times after changing it back. I have tried all solutions from clearinmg cache removing all permissions on 3rd party apps, no voice recorder installed etc etc and still no solution!

I see its happening with other users as well and the solutions are not useful at all.

We need a fix asap!

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: **STILL NO FIX!!!** Speaker comes on automatically on calls

I'm suffering the same issue the past ~4 weeks, on a Samsung S9+ running Android 10, build QP1A.190711.020.G965FXXS7DTB5.

During calls via handset speaker or bluetooth connect, the call audio randomly switches to the devices speakerphone, with the telephone screen icon still showing green for the original connection.  It takes disabling and re-enabling the desired audio path via the green icons, for it to switch back.
This random switching can occur multiple times during a call and of course is incredibly frustrating.

From limited testing in Safe mode, the issue for me doesn't seem to occur - so I believe its being caused by some application.
But I have gone through my list of applications and permissions, and reviewing those with telephone permissions, I've removed all non core apps - However the annoying issue has continued.

I'm hoping for advice on how to enable some sort of debugging, so that I can check a permissions log to see what app triggered access to the telephone controls during the call?

Highlighted

Try to report this issue on the new Samsung Members app. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same issue on the Note 9. I get it when apps dont work as they update.

But making a seamless call is not too much to ask is it?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

were u on any app when this issue happened?
i never had this problem on my phone but saw many posts with this issue..

Highlighted
Asteroid

@latoplano_6_625 wrote:

were u on any app when this issue happened?
i never had this problem on my phone but saw many posts with this issue..

No just using the standard calling feature.

Highlighted

like i said, report it directly to Samsung by using Samsung Members app. the new app lets you report the error on your device.  so they can take a look at the log and fix the issue. 

Download the samsung members app from galaxy store -> Press the + sign on the bottom right -> error reports -> select the right category

Highlighted
Asteroid

Always a phone call or whatsapp call. Today I even took a call directly on the handset and it went into speaker. So doesnt seem isolated to Bluetooth.

I have set up a brand new A51 from scratch and the same problem happened a few days later.

Have raised this to Samsung support and they cant seem to fix this either.

Highlighted
Constellation

This has been driving me crazy for weeks. I have looked at every setting on my phone a 100 times. Finally came across a thread that solved it - I have an app called Auto Call Record and there is a setting called "enable or disable auto speaker" - not even sure what the purpose of this setting is in the app - but it was defaulted to activate - when I un-activated the setting problem solved! If you are having the issue - and did the obvious - turn driving mode off - and looked at all phone settings - and still having the issue - then the problem lies in one of your app settings - look for an app tied to your phone or voicemail.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I resolved this by uninstalling SmartThings. Have had no issues since then after a few tries on Whatsapp and Phone calls. Try it and ket me know.