cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 keeps turning off

Hello, 

My note 9 keeps shutting down.  I keep having to restart it after i stop usinging it.  Why? HELP!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 keeps turning off

Same here seems to turn off when screen turns off!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello! Do you have the fingerprint sensor set as enabled?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

My Note 9 shutting down issue IS NOW worse!!! I just did the update 9/13/2020 tmobile with OneUI 2.1) and now even if I have the fingerprint sensor off the phone will shut down!!! Prior to ONeUI 2.1 the phone would not shot down if I did not enable fingerprint sensor or other biometric features, BUT now it will just shut off and I do NOT have any lock features enable at all!!!! NO SECURITY FEATURES ENABLED AND PHONE IS STILL SHUTTING DOWN!!! Reboot in safe mode did NOT work either- phone still shuts down!! PLEASE FIX SAMSUNG!!!!!

Yes, I removed biometrics, did the clean cache, even booted in safe mode.  NOTHING PREVENTS PHONE FROM SHUTTING DOWN SHORTLY AFTER TURNING ON.

tmobile/note 9/ android 10/ oneUI 2.1

key words: note 9 shutting down, note 9 shut down, note 9 turning off, no security features left and still shutting down, note 9 turns off, phone turns off with full battery, Lock options are turned off and still phone is shutting down, fix note 9.

Highlighted

when did it started happening?

do you remeber changing any of ur settings before it started happen?

ie. set up auto restart

Highlighted
Constellation

hey did you ever find a solution? Mine started doing it around the time of a new update my phone received. Also phone seems to turn off after the screen  times out. 

Highlighted
Constellation

So I took my note 9 in to a Technician. He told me he'd seen this problem before And that the problem  Was "having applications that needed to be updated". So after downloading updates from both the play store and galaxy store My phone seems to be working now, Hope this helps.

FYI: I had quite a few apps that needed updating.

Highlighted

Alot of people are getting this. <edit>

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Any fix SAMSUNG???!! Help please.  ONE UI 2.1 and phone shuts off shortly after turned on.