cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Music not showing album art

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have this issue now where almost none of my Album art shows up in Samsung Music. However! If I have a different media app the album art shows up just fine. 

I have uninstalled the app, cleared the cache and even factory reset my phone and nothing works. What is this! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Music not showing album art

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I found my own solution...(No thanks to any actual Samsung Mods)

The music when converting was converting in Mp3 format. I switch to ACC format and reconverted all 4500 songs. Every song has its Album art now. Apply Samsung Music doesn't like the MP3 format very well. 

You should probably fix that. 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you getting the songs from the app or another source?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only place you can get the song directly from the app is Spotify, which I have turned off because that pure garbage. 

These songs come from actual songs with all the correct tags. Like I said, any other music player I download sees the album art just fine, it is only Samsung music which has issues with seeing the album art. 

@SamsungLarryK wrote:

Are you getting the songs from the app or another source?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Samsung Music app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As stated in my actual question...

"I have uninstalled the app, cleared the cache and even factory reset my phone and nothing works."

So yes, I have uninstalled, plenty of times. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On a PC, try an app like MP3tag.  You will be able to view all of the ID3 tag information including the size, format and filesize of your album art.  As I use music files on a number of devices including car music systems, I have found that sometimes picture formats (.jpg, .png etc) are not compatible with all systems.  The size of the file, either the pixels or the Kb size if it's too large will also cause the album art not to display. As I can't guess what is stopping your files from displaying but checking an album's tags that work might give you a hint why other albums are not displaying. It's possible Samsung music has had an upgrade the limits one of those parameters from displaying. My file tag images are .jpg's under 600-500px and usually no more than 50-60kb.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Using the Mp3tag app worked perfectly. All my album art is resized and correct. The tip I found was that I had to delete all the music directly from the Samsung music player as well as the folder. If that wasn't done, there were 2 copies of every song! Lots of trial and error but problem solved. Thank you!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I found my own solution...(No thanks to any actual Samsung Mods)

The music when converting was converting in Mp3 format. I switch to ACC format and reconverted all 4500 songs. Every song has its Album art now. Apply Samsung Music doesn't like the MP3 format very well. 

You should probably fix that. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here...after Android 10 update, most of the album art disappeared. Was using Album Art Cover app, which apparently hasn't been updated in 5 years and others have said the same. Tried one other app called GRABBER....it downloaded the art which appears on their app, but does not show in Samsung Music.  Is there ANY app for Album Art that will work with Samsung Music? I have not tried other music apps, so I don't know if it works on them (I try to avoid Google Music competely). I have not reached out to Samsung for support as yet.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20200116-211520_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20200116-211328_Samsung Music.jpg

Screenshot_20200116-211302_Samsung Music.jpg

whith me the same problem.  The Cover Art app do not work anymore 😔