cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_C
Constellation

Samsung Note 9 Fingerprint Sensor not working

After removing my fingerprints from Note 9 on 28 July 2019, I was unable to input my fingerprints thereafter, with the message "An error has occured with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device."

The steps I have tried to remedy it:

1) Restarting my Note 9.

2) Clearing cache through recovery mode. (Press Power button + Volume Up + Bixby button >>> Clear cache partition).

3) Attempted the fingerprint sensor test (dial *#0*#), however it reads, "Cannot found Data log!!".

4) Attempted to reset Fingerprint app through Settings >>> Apps >>> Show system apps >>> Fingerprints, however the fingerprint app was nowhere to be found.

5) Disabling fingerprint gestures in the settings.

6) Reboot Note 9 through recovery mode.

7) Factory data reset phone.

8) Review Software version to ensure it is the latest.

However none of these attempts work, please advise, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Note 9 Fingerprint Sensor not working

@Sam_C wrote:

After removing my fingerprints from Note 9 on 28 July 2019, I was unable to input my fingerprints thereafter, with the message "An error has occured with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device."

The steps I have tried to remedy it:

1) Restarting my Note 9.

2) Clearing cache through recovery mode. (Press Power button + Volume Up + Bixby button >>> Clear cache partition).

3) Attempted the fingerprint sensor test (dial *#0*#), however it reads, "Cannot found Data log!!".

4) Attempted to reset Fingerprint app through Settings >>> Apps >>> Show system apps >>> Fingerprints, however the fingerprint app was nowhere to be found.

5) Disabling fingerprint gestures in the settings.

6) Reboot Note 9 through recovery mode.

7) Factory data reset phone.

8) Review Software version to ensure it is the latest.

However none of these attempts work, please advise, thanks.

You seem to have tried a lot of stuff...it is time to contact Samsung Support:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/mobile/phones/galaxy-note

userkJilrvLMOg
Constellation

Has this issue been resolved. 

Im also having the same issue. I ran a sensor diagnostic for fingerprints and same issue. Just says can not found data log. 

Please help !

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userkJilrvLMOg Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2