cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrazeyNurse
Asteroid

Samsung Note 9 issue with moisture detection port error.

Samsung knows about this issue and requires the device be sent to their facility. There is no walk in facility/store anywhere near me. They do not care that I will be without my phone for several weeks after having to mail it to them. They do not care that I am disabled and need my phone for safety reasons. I will switch to Apple products even though I prefer Android devices. I spoke to them (and At&t) extensively and could barely even get the agent to understand the issues because I couldn't get anyone who speaks English well.

7 REPLIES 7
g7755725
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Note 9 issue with moisture detection port error.

If your having a moisture issue this is because your in a area with too much moisture, typically when water or moisture goes into the charging port the note 9 will prevent you from charging it till it is fully dried typically it can take about 5 to 24 hours for it to fully to dry and that error will go away..if it persist send it to Samsung but Samsung can't do anything beyond do their magic, Samsung is a powerful company and is one of the best out their, but if they are not willing to assit you in anyway then you can die a law suit against them!

KrazeyNurse
Asteroid

I do not have a moisture issue. It is a known Samsung note issue. It's an error. I've spoken to Samsung and that is what I was advised.

Chad1276
Cosmic Ray

The 9 series and 8 series note has this issue my S9 plus had it only when i restarted the phone plugged into fast charger i cleaned the port of lint and it was back to normal although . The down fall to buying a phone through samsung vs buying from AT&T is samsung wants to fix the phone but AT&T will replace the phone and have it mailed to ypu and you mail the old one in after you get it.

KrazeyNurse
Asteroid

At&t will not assist in this. Samsung insists it must be mailed to them.

userxHBmcANN3V
Asteroid

Try holding the bixby button and volume up and power once phone is turned off....and clear the cache

Samsung_Don6L6l
Astronaut

We found an alternative way to charge it is buying the wireless charger. Seems to charge the phone fine.

KrazeyNurse
Asteroid

I paid a thousand dollars for this phone and it's still under warranty. I should not have to purchase anything to make it work properly.