cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhApi5AAj9h
Constellation

Samsung Note9 Got wet and now Samsung refuses to honor their warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here is the story. My Note9 got wet and stoppped working. I Contacted the service department and they sent me to Bestbuy (25 minutes away) for the repair. When I showed up at Bestbuy I was told that I needed an appointment. I then called the service center again and they sent me to another location that does on the spot repairs 35 minutes further away. When I arrived there they lloked at the phone and said that they don't do water damage repairs. I again called the service center and aked them what was the deal with this run around? They then said that they would send me a rush envelope to make the repair ithin 5 business days.  I recieed the label in an email and sent my phone out to Texas for the repair aftr 72 hours I revieved and email informing me that I would have to pay over $560 for the repair. get this because it had water damge! Duh! I then called them and spoke to a supervisor who said that Samsung would waive the cost and repair the phone. Finally! I revieved and email stating that the repair wouldn't cost me anything. Great! but wait! a few days later I get another email stating that the phone was going to cost $550 to repair! What? So, I called again! this time the story changed again and that the phone was... you guessed it "water damaged". I called again and was told that it was out of their control and that the service center overulled the call center supervisor and that I would have to pay for the repair. After a long conversation with them and other from Samsung they decided that they were not going to honor the repair. And that the phone would be returned to me unrepaired! 

I have owned many samsung phoen these past sevral years and this has been the worst experience that I have ever had. So Beware the ad's don't tell you the truth when I reads...IP68
Water and dust resistance. That is a flat out lie! 

P.S. I am still waiting for them to return my phone!!!!!!!!! 

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Note9 Got wet and now Samsung refuses to honor their warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@userhApi5AAj9h wrote:

So here is the story. My Note9 got wet and stoppped working. I Contacted the service department and they sent me to Bestbuy (25 minutes away) for the repair. When I showed up at Bestbuy I was told that I needed an appointment. I then called the service center again and they sent me to another location that does on the spot repairs 35 minutes further away. When I arrived there they lloked at the phone and said that they don't do water damage repairs. I again called the service center and aked them what was the deal with this run around? They then said that they would send me a rush envelope to make the repair ithin 5 business days.  I recieed the label in an email and sent my phone out to Texas for the repair aftr 72 hours I revieved and email informing me that I would have to pay over $560 for the repair. get this because it had water damge! Duh! I then called them and spoke to a supervisor who said that Samsung would waive the cost and repair the phone. Finally! I revieved and email stating that the repair wouldn't cost me anything. Great! but wait! a few days later I get another email stating that the phone was going to cost $550 to repair! What? So, I called again! this time the story changed again and that the phone was... you guessed it "water damaged". I called again and was told that it was out of their control and that the service center overulled the call center supervisor and that I would have to pay for the repair. After a long conversation with them and other from Samsung they decided that they were not going to honor the repair. And that the phone would be returned to me unrepaired! 

I have owned many samsung phoen these past sevral years and this has been the worst experience that I have ever had. So Beware the ad's don't tell you the truth when I reads...IP68
Water and dust resistance. That is a flat out lie! 

P.S. I am still waiting for them to return my phone!!!!!!!!! 

Apple is the same way, unfortunatelly.  Any iPhone that got went - "sorry, water is not covered by the warranty".  The company should never brag about it, never mention that IP68, if it isn't covered, as it looks bad for the reputation.  It is a shame really.

I personally still keep an old mind set for water and electorics as they don't match.  I have never put my phone into water unless I wanted to test and I didn't care of the outcome(like don't need device anymore).  Although I do remember when Sony came out with that water resistance for their phones, they would replace it under warranty if it was manufacturing defect and water got into the phone.  < I think this is fair for customers.

The mid-range phones got pretty much like flagships at a fraction of the cost of the big brothers.  Less headache, maybe with cheaper alternative? Smiley Happy

Samsung_tpKqGyF
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Note9 Got wet and now Samsung refuses to honor their warranty!!!!!..

That's odd. The CSA at the store I got mine from told me that it was partially waterproof. I guess I bought those magic beans.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Note9 Got wet and now Samsung refuses to honor their warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey there!

I'd be happy to review the information.

Can you send me a private message with your ticket number here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.