cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rickap7
Asteroid

Samsung STOP doing updates ......

You do updates that screw up phones. Had an update on Monday and since, the option for which app I can send photo in a text is gone(default is gallery I use google photo) and now with Do Not Disturb doesn't work before Monday with the screen off I got pop up screen notification for who is calling me now  the pop up screen for incoming call doesnt work anymore so have to not use DND. and just this moring the LED indicator for new email/notification with screen off doesnt work. STOP doing update that screw up our phones.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Samsung STOP doing updates ......

Do you clear the cache partition after each update? This section of the drive can hold old code that could potentially conflict with new code and create all sorts of issues... might also try to clear the cache for each app that is not working as intended.

-Enver
Note 9 N960u1 / S7 G930U / Gear S2 / Tab 4 7.0
...S5 (G900A) and Express (i437p AT&T) in there too...
Rickap7
Asteroid

Thanks how do you clear cache partition?

I perform routine maintenance on all of the phones that I've owned which no doubt has led to them performing well for years. I routinely clear my browser's history, data, cookies and cache, do a soft reset every week ( power phone down and then restart), keep apps updated with the latest version, and perform partition cache clear after every security or software update to free the device of old/corrupt data. Here are the steps to clearing the partition cache:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, then press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.                                                               Hope this works for you.