cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKRlSdgTRWn
Asteroid

Samsung Update App (from Microsoft Store) malfunctioning

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Series 9 Notebook NP940X5N ( NP940X5N-X01US ) and have been using the Samsung Update app from the Microsoft Store to download Samsung software / BIOS updates since I purchased the computer in 12/17. The app has been occasionally glitchy, but no insurmountable issues -- until now.

When I tried to run the Samsung Update app to update the software today, I got a message that the app itself needed to restart because of an update. No problem, I clicked restart. So the computer restarted, and I ran the app again ... but the same message came up. So I clicked restart again. But the same thing happened over and over again.

So I went to the Add/Remove program feature and there seemed to be two versions of the Samsung Update app in the Apps & Features listing. Once dated Sept. 2019 called "Samsung Update" and a second dated Oct. 2019 called "Samsung Update Service." I figured the old one was interfering with the new one and so I uninstalled both and then tried reinstalling from the Microsoft Store. 

The update store says "you own this app" even though I clearly deleted it and then tries immediately to reinstall, but always comes fails and comes up with the same error message Code 0x80073D05:

samsung update app error message.PNG

I already tried terminating the Microsoft Store processes, restarting Microsoft Store, and uninstalling / reinstalling Microsoft Store. And just to be certain, I tried installing other apps from the Microsoft store, with absolutely no problems. So, the issue is not with the Microsoft store, it's with the Samsung Update app itself.

So, I need help with one or all of the following:

1. Have this issue with the Samsung Update app on the Microsoft Store elevated to the appropriate tech department within Samsung.

2. A link to download the Samsung Update app for my Series 9 Notebook NP940X5N ( NP940X5N-X01US ) that exists outside of the Microsoft Store; OR

3. A completely different alternative to the Samsung Update app for my Series 9 Notebook NP940X5N ( NP940X5N-X01US ) that exists somewhere within the Samsung universe; OR

3. A link to where I can download all CURRENT Samsung system software / BIOS updates on the Samsung website. When I go to the Samsung page for my product -- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/np940x5n -- just ONE software update from 2018 is listed, and I have downloaded many updates through the Samsung Update app in the last two years, the most recent in October 2019.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
userKRlSdgTRWn
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Update App (from Microsoft Store) malfunctioning

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE -- SOLVED!!! Samsung Tech customer service provided a usable alternative: a standalone Samsung Update app -- from the Samsung download center itself, not the Microsoft Store -- that you can install from a zip file. And it works, too -- I just installed it on my notebook and ran it, successfully updating Samsung systemware.

Here is the URL for the Samsung Update app zip in case anyone needs it: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201904/20190423150217430/SamsungUpdate_2.2.9.44.ZIP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
userKRlSdgTRWn
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Update App (from Microsoft Store) malfunctioning

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE -- SOLVED!!! Samsung Tech customer service provided a usable alternative: a standalone Samsung Update app -- from the Samsung download center itself, not the Microsoft Store -- that you can install from a zip file. And it works, too -- I just installed it on my notebook and ran it, successfully updating Samsung systemware.

Here is the URL for the Samsung Update app zip in case anyone needs it: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201904/20190423150217430/SamsungUpdate_2.2.9.44.ZIP

View solution in original post