Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 06-05-2020 03:49 PM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
shu_shin09f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried your suggested solution. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the screen discoloration.

Let's hope Sammy will fix this apparent software update issue, ASAP. If not, this will be the last time I will let myself touch another Sammy phone.

0 Likes
userZXA9Qov6kN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Guys be prepared to shell out for screen replacement, I got mine replaced and everything is normal now. It's hardware issue and seems to be in devices which are out of one year warranty. Mine was ordered in pre-order time. Or worse it may make the devices which will be out of warranty in future!

I had worst experience with Samsung support will elaborate it soon, for now just to make you aware that any sw update from samsung may not resolve your issue, do not keep hope on that.

0 Likes
shu_shin09f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you have read this thread from beginning to end, almost all of the users who are experiencing this is saying that this happened after software update which btw -- includes mine.

Furthermore, this issue also affected some newer Samsung phones but has been fixed with a software update. So, clearly, this is not a hardware issue as you have stated. It's unfortunate that you had to shell out an extra cash equivalent to a midrange phone just to sort out the issue.

For now, I will be using OLEDSaver app temporarily until a software update comes along. I hope this issue has already been escalated to software devs at Samsung. If not, well, guess I'll go LG next time.

0 Likes
userZXA9Qov6kN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I agree and even mine started with same March update, but what if the updated software triggered the issue and stressed to a point where hardware gave up! I am with same agreement that it started with software update. But not ready to end up waiting forever, I have seen some other forums where Samsung finally suggesting change display and it worked.  They cannot compete with Apple and Oppo at the same time and keep it top notch. It's the problem with quality control cos they themselves don't know how many versions of phone models they have! At least for me this 300 dollars is the last I spend for any Samsung device. Never again even if they once cross Apple in popularity!

0 Likes
Samsung_AdirayC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

M

0 Likes
userzsZ25mhN6N
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same problem  with my galaxy s10!!!!!!!

My warranty ended 2 months ago. I bought the smartphone in pre-order and I'm having a bad experience with Samsung.

Is there any prospect of Samsung solving the problem?

It is not fair.  I have to pay for an expensive repair for a problem  that was not caused by me?!

0 Likes
VISHY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Having issue with the samsung note 9, after the march update the note 9 screen is creating lots of issues.

Sometime the screen is becomes greenish color, with discoloring other apps.

Lines appear randoming causing the screen to become dark.

have tried restarting, cleaning cache but issue still persist.

can somebody mention they are also facing same issues and are the screen issues resolved?

0 Likes
userJyQQjbh2da
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just started having the same issues today 6-5-20 and nothing seems to fix it. Just leaving the phone alone for 5 to 10 minutes and it starts working correctly for a while and then goes back into green screen, sometime mostly black screen and touch is unresponsive. It also will not turn off when acting like this and the battery seems to start heating up. Never had a problem since getting the phone on 12-20-18 until today. Not sure when I updated the latest software or security patch because I have accepted automatic update a couple times in the last few weeks when asked if I wanted to update.

userAbQDrYwLg7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have this issue too after the march update. the screen has become discolored and there are alot of black lines across the screen. it started with overheating of the phone, and after which the screen becomes like this. the april seems to resolve the overheating problem, but the screen stays the same. nothing seems to resolve this screen issue.

userj5HSQEhv7H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same to me I have this issue since the update, and I don't think it is hardware problem else it will be most likely continuous all time. I tried to get help through Samsung in Twitter but no progress

Really I don't know when Samsung will hear our call for help and do something to resolve this matter.

We have paid a lot to get such a fancy phone and now we are suffering from getting no real care.