Original topic:

Scratch easily

(Topic created: 11-16-2018 02:37 PM)
ShawntheN9lover
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have had my note 9 for 2 days along with the outterbox defender case md the back of the phone have scratches on it....the glass scratch so easily for a 1k phone no scratch resistant? 

15 Replies
Solution
Technoteacher
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The front is scratch resistant the back is not

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is it though? I got few scratches in my first two weeks on the front glass from just having the phone in my pocked. The thing is, it's Gorilla Glass 5, and it's not a secret that this generation of GG is designed to be crack and shutter resistant, but as a result it's actually slightly softer and scratched easier. I now got a screen protector on, whatever, it'll probably be traded in in less than a year anyway.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

userClrTjAn2Jz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The phone does not scratch easily, you're probably way too rough with your phone.

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It could just be a scratch in the Oleophobic coating, and not the actual glass  

Current Device- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Aura Black, 256 GB
0 Likes
GLOCKMAMA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userClrTjAn2Jz wrote:

The phone does not scratch easily, you're probably way too rough with your phone.

I baby my phones ridiculously. My S7 Edge, Note 7, S8+, Note 8, S9+, Note 9, Tab S3, & Tab S4 all scratch way easier than older versions. IDK what's changed, but it definitely needs some work. I hate Apple. Like HATE! But my 1 stubborn, stupid, no taste havin child who insists on an iPhone instead of Samsung is the worst. She's rough on hers to the extreme. We had to replace hers from cracked screens because she dropped it so many times in a year that insurance wouldn't cover her anymore. But even dropping it on really rough surfaces (the times it doesn't crack, I mean she legit drops it at least once a day), sliding it across rough stuff, etc. doesn't scratch it. Samsung is selling them the screens, so they need to do better on what screens go onto their own products. 

Michelle Womble
0 Likes
Runicmajier
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I will agree. I have small light scratches. It is not deep but it was done just by putting my phone in my pocket and a key was in my pocket. 

I also baby my phone which is why I pulled it out of my pocket quick, and noticed the scratches on my screen. Little disappointed because I see all these videos where they test the phone and they don't get a scratch at all being rough with their devices, but I put my phone in my pocket for 10 seconds and I not have scratches. 

Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

All it takes is one grain of sand to scratch glass.

userb1W7ieL94k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

As said before, this is probably sand being the culprit.

userb1W7ieL94k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This isn't likely.  Most people do not realize that sand in one's pocket is the primary scratcher(micro) of glass devices.  I have scratched many (4) in 2 years and always from the same reasons and not rough handling.