Alicia302
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 9.

I have tried:

--changed display settings to 10 minutes

--changed lock settings to 10 minutes

-- went from optimized performance (power saving) to high performance.

Nothing seems to work. The display settings keeps going back to 30 seconds. 

Is there a solution to this? I searched the web and these forums. Samsung- help?

75 Replies
userUUASTZLPbV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Your posted fix earlier has some screens that do not match the current timeout issues One UI 2.0 and Android 10 for the Galaxy S9 and S9+.  Would it be possible for you to take a look at this issue again and possibly post a fix for One UI version 2.0?

userRfRhgDYgfx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Great explanation, thank you!

0 Likes
user9xy1PU86Lh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks so much, this was doing my head in constantly having to use my pin to open my phone, when I was still using it.

Jordan W
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This just worked on my S8 after months of trying to figure out why it wouldn't save my time out as 2 minutes. Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
userAfQgz0g7UL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This looks swell, but unable to even access my settings Settings. Keeps asking for pin. I enter correct pin and loops me back to try again in 30-seconds. This has been going on for 2 days now. I have tried turning it off using the buttons on the side and same thing. Anyone? Thank you. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userAfQgz0g7UL wrote:

This looks swell, but unable to even access my settings Settings. Keeps asking for pin. I enter correct pin and loops me back to try again in 30-seconds. This has been going on for 2 days now. I have tried turning it off using the buttons on the side and same thing. Anyone? Thank you. 

is this a company phone?  One thats loaded by your company IT department??  If so, they probably have the settings menu passworded to keep the phone settings from being changed.  

0 Likes
userzR3QHsDbiv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you! I was seeing the exact same thing on my S9+ and it was driving me nuts. 

userZlTeMkBtp9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you very much! Ive spent the last three months trying to figure that stupid 30 Second Timeout mess. I should have thought to come here first. I wont make that same mistake again.

0 Likes
userDiYrduEcpK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for the help. Directions on how to get to this exact screen took a minute. Thanks to the other posts I was able to fix the issue. 

0 Likes
userckjfhL2Bo0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Why can I not find this setting on my Galaxy Note 10 plus. I keep going in the settings and clicking on all all of the subtitles looking for something that looks like this. I am lost and T-Mobile wants me to factory reset. And I don't want to do that I want to try this first