After updating my Galaxy Note 9 to Android 9 and One UI 1.0, I have been experiencing issues with my Sechre Folder application.
1. The first issue involves viewing notifications from apps in my Secure Folder. When I attempt to view a notification from an application in my Secure Folder by tapping the notification banner inthe notification bar, the phone sits there for a few seconds but then it returns me to the home screen instead of opening the application in the Secure Folder. The notification banner stays in the notification bar. If I tap the notification banner again, the Secure Folder opens and allows me to view the notification.
2. The second issue involves user interface issues. Sometimes when exiting the Secure Folder, the icon to the left of the home "button" that opens apps running in the background in the navigation bar is missing. Tapping where it usually appears does not bring it back nor bring up my apps running in the background. Also, the notification bar does not expand when I tap the notification bar and swipe down. To remedy this, I navigate to the Secure Folder in the apps menu and attempt to launch it. The phone sits there for several seconds and then pulls up my phone background and hangs there. I press the home "button" to return to the home screen, which brings things back to normal.
I have contacted Samsung support, and have performed the following troubleshooting steps at their recommendation:
- uninstalled and reinstalled Secure Folder application
- wiped cache partition using the Android recovery menu
- wiped data/cache of the Secure Folder application
- tried to reproduce the issue while the phone is in Safe Mode (The notification issue seemed to be resolved, but the user interface issue persisted.)
Since none of these troubleshooting steps resolved my issues, Samsung support recommended I proceed with a factory data reset. I want to be sure there is nothing else that can be done before I go down that route.
Has anyone experienced this issue or have any suggestions on how to resolve it? I appreciate the assistance in advance.
After installing the latest Android update, it seems like things are working normally now. I am going to keep this post open for a few more days just in case the gremlins come back.
Hi, I've exactly the same problem, but didn't have the courage to wipe and reinstal things!
Other, since last update, parallel space could not run inside secure folder anymore.
Don't know what to do
Since our devices are top (mine is an 512gb note 9), it was supose to work better.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue as well, and I would like to assist you in resolving it if the issue is still occuring. Can you help by providing some information so that I can better understand the current device configuration as I believe that will play a factor?