Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useroRODM5BRHg
Asteroid

Secure Folder crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Whenever I try to open secure folder, a message comes up telling me to turn it on. When I click turn on, it just freezes and crashes. It was working just fine for me yesterday and now I don't know what to do. I am on stable Android Pie for Note9.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user7PD0wuNZWn
Constellation

Re: Secure Folder crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THIS WORKED FOR ME, and EASY:
Go to the Samsung store, this is an app in your list of apps. I'd never even used it before...
Once there, look for the app SecureFolder (do a search).

When it comes up just click on the REFRESH button or maybe it's a download button or maybe it means to re-download. It's a button that has a spiral circle with an arrow like in Windows would mean "refresh".
I clicked on that and it re-installed the app and solved everything, my pictures and documents and password remaining in place!
Easy!
But the question is, "WHY is the Samsung firmware breaking our securefolder app? And are they going to fix this bug? How do we report it to them so they can fix it?

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen when your device is in safe mode? Also, Have you tried restarting your device to see if it's still giving you the same error?

Jbean131
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue, restarted and nothing changed, when I search the Google Play store it says that it's already installed. Yet it is still not showing in the list of apps.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jbean131 Have you tried force stopping the app?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try resetting your network settings. This does erase all of your previous Wi-Fi information so you will need your network name and password to reconnect.

user7PD0wuNZWn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

See my solution below.

useroRODM5BRHg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried restarting and clearing system cache

useroRODM5BRHg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried everything but the safe mode option. I'll try that now!

useroRODM5BRHg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It didnt work in safe mode either. It does rhe exact same thing. The turn on message comes up, then crashes

useroRODM5BRHg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried almost everything... I don't want to delete all data since I'm not sure if everything is backed up yet. Is there anything else I can do?