cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRAZYQUo3i6
Constellation

Sending email with samsung app puts two emails in sent box.

When I send an email with the Samsung app it puts two emails in the sent box but the recipient only receives one email. It happens with an Outlook email address. 

Do you know why this is happening and how to stop it?

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sending email with samsung app puts two emails in sent box.

@userRAZYQUo3i6 does this occur when the device is running in safe mode? Are you using the native email application that came installed on the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRAZYQUo3i6
Constellation

I cannot open the email app in safe mode, but it is the Samsung email app. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userRAZYQUo3i6, Thank you for providing that information. The native Samsung email application is able to be used during safe mode and cannot be uninstalled/disabled from the device. 

It appears that you are running a third party email application. if you are unable to open in safe mode, safe mode prevents third party applications from opening to see if trends are caused by the most recently downloaded application.

We would suggest navigating to your Email application settings and checking for an option to disable/uninstall the application.

If disabled is not grayed out and reads 'uninstall' instead, that is a third party email application. 

The pathway to follow would be Settings> Applications> Email >

This allows you to view the options of disable Option & Force Stop option.

I've also provided a link below with the direct download for Samsung email application as a reference to what the icon should exactly match.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.email.provider

Hope this finds you well, let us know how this works for you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRAZYQUo3i6
Constellation

That app in the link is the app I have installed, but there is an option to uninstall 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming the application. Is the Samsung Email application set to default in your settings? Did any change happen when you forced the application to stop?

userRAZYQUo3i6
Constellation

I cannot see an option to make the email app a default app. It still happens when I forced the application to stop. It only happens with the outlook email address.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you check your device and the application and make sure it is fully update on both the application and device?

userRAZYQUo3i6
Constellation

Yeah they are both up to date.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this occur when using Outlook on any other device?