cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WUJUDUNIQUE
Constellation

Software Updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 9 stopped receiving updates since July even though I am using the Official OS. Any one out there to help...?!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung_qgAR5Pa
Astronaut

Re: Software Updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will have to either take it somewhere to get it flashed to the latest update for your device model or flash it yourself using Odin. This happened to my galaxy s10. They told me a corrupt software update came through and it got stuck on the August security patch update which caused the devices update system to just stop working. Once you flash it to the newest software update your device should start getting updates again on it's own. You can find the latest update for your device by using the Samsung app. I actually just had to have mine done Friday. They tried to use a regular flash, that didn't work, it became unusable, so they had to do a hard flash on my device. Make sure you have everything backed up completely in your device before you do any of the flash techniques. If you try the regular flash first the device can become more corrupt and unusable so don't wait to back everything up before doing this. If you try the regular flash over, you might end up having to do the hard flash to be able to even use your device again fully. Everything went great after the hard flash though and my device is even better, faster, and has more performance than it ever did when I first bought it. It fixed every single issue I was having.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
userwVeAthoicc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have u tried to go into the settings and manually update it? I believe there u can switch it to automatically update also

WUJUDUNIQUE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Auto updates is enabled...

Samsung_qgAR5Pa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will have to either take it somewhere to get it flashed to the latest update for your device model or flash it yourself using Odin. This happened to my galaxy s10. They told me a corrupt software update came through and it got stuck on the August security patch update which caused the devices update system to just stop working. Once you flash it to the newest software update your device should start getting updates again on it's own. You can find the latest update for your device by using the Samsung app. I actually just had to have mine done Friday. They tried to use a regular flash, that didn't work, it became unusable, so they had to do a hard flash on my device. Make sure you have everything backed up completely in your device before you do any of the flash techniques. If you try the regular flash first the device can become more corrupt and unusable so don't wait to back everything up before doing this. If you try the regular flash over, you might end up having to do the hard flash to be able to even use your device again fully. Everything went great after the hard flash though and my device is even better, faster, and has more performance than it ever did when I first bought it. It fixed every single issue I was having.

View solution in original post

Samsung_qgAR5Pa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Flashing the device will be the only thing you can do at this point. I would take it to a professional and let them do it. If you are under warranty, samsung will cover the charge and it won't cost you anything to have it done. I don't know how it's possible for a corrupt software update to come from the manufacturer but it does happen. It happen to mine. Just take it to a ifixphones place. They will fix it for you or if you know how to flash the device just do it yourself. This involves connecting your device to a laptop or computer that supports it, downloading the Odin file and the latest software update update to your computer or phone sd card and then having the software flashed on to your device. It's best to let someone do it who knows what they are doing fully so you don't brick your device. Once it's done everything will start working correctly again and your device will receive it's own updates again when they are sent out but not with out the first flash though. Your device is stuck on the security patch that caused the problem for good with out this.

WUJUDUNIQUE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I APPRECIATE ALL THESE THUMBS BROTHER. I WILL GLADLY DO IT MYSELF. I WAS AFRAID THINKING THAT USIN ODIN WOULD VOID THE WARRANTY, THAT WAS WHAT MADE ME TO HOLD ON. THANK YOU SO MUCH...

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UBreakIFix is an authorized Samsung repair center, if you have one near you, I would take it there first before trying to flash the software yourself. Good luck!

Samsung_ItZcer2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Quuero

Samsung_qgAR5Pa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem man. I hope everything worked out for you. It won't void your warranty as long as its Samsung software updates and not some custom rom. I think rooting the device and all that breaks the warranty. I'm glad I was able to help you out with a suggestion. This year is the first year I've ever had issues with receiving corrupted software updates. I thought that was really strange. Never had anything like that happen before to me and I've used samsung all the way back when the galaxy S3 came out and had every 'S' device other than galaxy S4 and galaxy S9.

userSFgla0d3U1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@Samsung_qgAR5Pa wrote:

No problem man. I hope everything worked out for you. It won't void your warranty as long as its Samsung software updates and not some custom rom. I think rooting the device and all that breaks the warranty. I'm glad I was able to help you out with a suggestion. This year is the first year I've ever had issues with receiving corrupted software updates. I thought that was really strange. Never had anything like that happen before to me and I've used samsung all the way back when the galaxy S3 came out and had every 'S' device other than galaxy S4 and galaxy S9.

Actually this is an attempt to reach out to any management member who was associated with the former Soundcamp Team. I have the teams email addresses but unfortunately when the Application was scrubbed so were the teams email/contact info. 

This relates to a business opportunity for Samsung and/or Samsung USA. Per chance if anyone is actually monitoring the community, they will pass this along to the proper management members and futher dialog may continue. 

Regards, 

Bill H. 

Engineer, Musician, Retired