cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Software update tampering with software.

Samsung gives out these huge updates too often, and everytime they do my battery life suffers, apps stop working properly, and the phone layout will even change slightly at times.

This time its screwing up my youtube premium. I have the paid upgraded feature that lets you play downloaded youtube vids with your phone display off, a.k.a. "background-play". After the update it only plays 30 secs of audio before freezing.

When I unlock the phone and look at the screen I'll see the loading symbol, so its causing the audio relay to freeze for some reason. I checked all options on youtube and phone settings that have to do with background-play, and made sure the options were correct. 

I know its the update so i'm probably just unable to use background-play feature until a new update fixes itself or something. When this phones paid off i'm going to try Apple. From what I hear their software doesn't change much with their updates, and function more smoothly.

2 REPLIES 2
Product Expert

Re: Software update tampering with software.

Hi, 

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues. What Samsung device are you using? 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Software update tampering with software.

Hello,

See if these steps may be helpful.

Get into recovery mode:

1. Hold the power button, the volume up button, and the home button together

2. The phone should boot into recovery mode

3. Once its in recovery mode, you can use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select

4. Select "wipe cache"

5. Restart the phone. If that still does not work, repeat steps 1-3, and this time select "factory reset"

6. Restart the phone