cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
223DigitalArt
Asteroid

Something weird just happened right in front of me

So my phone was sitting on the counter next to me. The screen was off it was taking a break from being used all day. As ll the sudden the  lit up and went to the home screen bypassing the pin and fingerprint scan and then took a photo. L luckily it was of the counter and was under exposed and completley blacked out Not sure what just happened but now i get to worry about if my phone was hacked or not. Has anyone had happen?

6 REPLIES 6
STRANGLEFIZZ
Cosmic Ray

Re: Something weird just happened right in front of me

I would suggest to contact samsung or wipe the phone some one could have hacked it and its toying with you

Samsung Care Ambassador

@223DigitalArt hello! 🙂 To be clear Bixby took the picture, correct? If so, it may have just been an accidental activation by background sound. I really doubt you have been hacked. If you're really concerned about it you can call Samsung. 

1-800-726-7864

223DigitalArt
Asteroid

Thank you everyone for your help. I'll be calling Samsung tomorrow cause it happened again today but this it didn't take the picture. Bixby voice activation is turned off and to double tap the button so know it wasn't activated me. I even tried to get it to open the camera and couldn't figure it out

Samsung Care Ambassador

@223DigitalArt the likely cause is a 3rd party app that has camera permission and is doing some nefarious/annoying things. If all it's doing is taking pictures, you should be fine. If your phone was hacked they wouldn't just be taking pictures. You wouldn't necessarily know anyone had gotten into your device. 

I've had this happen with my LG device when I was taking pictures and it snapped one when I wasn't hitting the shutter button. But I don't recall my Note 9 doing it.

The_Chief
Cosmic Ray

If the screen was face down (you said it took a picture of the counter), I have to wonder if the screen sensed a screen shot command (swiping edge of hand across the screen takes a screen shot). Does the photo show up in your Gallery? Most malware type photo snaps won't, as it reveals that someone is using your camera other than you. Just a thought...