JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SoundAlive keeps crashing

(Topic created: 06-27-2020 02:59 PM)
user9vCljwNkvs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi.I have Note 9. After update to Android 10, SoundAlive keeps crashing. I try to clear cache, force stop app, still no success.

Please help!

18 Replies
usern88HSiO8sM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This solution worked for me as well! Nice sleuthing. I was going to cry if I couldn't figure out how to get my music quality back to norm.. whew

0 Likes
userPx9b3lWpNS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you have an S9 just turn easy mode OFF

And your good folks.

Who woulda thought that a zoom setting (a display setting of all things )

0 Likes
user9IhjcOJxrQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just ensure you dont have "easy mode" ON as this will not present zoom mode in display settings. Easy mode is also located in display .

This worked for me, easy mode must remain off until samsung sort this issue. 

RMcCurdyDOTcom
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

[Solution]
* wipe soundalive settings
* goto 'zoom' and just change the value to something
* run Soundalive
* set zoom settings back to whatever you want

That actually worked ... just changing the value seems to work .. not sure what the  that has to do with anything ... here is what I think:

* the SoundAlive UI has some saved settings depending on your 'zoom' level...
* something wipes at least partial settings some place for zoom
* you launch the SoundAlive app and it goes to load tho's settings and glishes out because A there not there or B the app has been updated and Zoom need to be run again to save the settings.

Reference: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9-plus/help/soundalive-crashing-android-10-solution-t406648...
Credit: RichDem https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?s=6b4a0eb6f342d939b9c79f22271df316&u=236314

http://rmccurdy.com
useriRwywXPd0S
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for the solution, it was exactly the same on my S9+, I had my screen zoom all the way right, switching to the middle setting in  that fixed my SoundAlive from crashing.  Thank you so much!!!

0 Likes
userce6sM7ppIF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you very very much!

My screen zoom option was at the center, but I moved it from side to side and left it back at the center again and SoundAlive  worked again!

0 Likes
userPx9b3lWpNS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Your absolutely right i turned easy mode off and BAM it works again . Thank you !!!!!!!!

0 Likes
user9lGuJdMPZh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you thank you!!! That totally fixed my issue! I changed my screen zoom back in October due to losing most of my vision I've been trying everything and I just came by your post and went into the screen zoom and it  Was all the way to the right I said it to center and boom sound a like worked again that show crazy

0 Likes
userjxFNwN6noN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for figuring this out. I was having the same problem with the Soundalive app. It would crash everytime but I had updated to Andriod 10 some time ago but I had recently adjusted the screen zoom just as you said you had done. I was getting ready to factory reset my phone and did not want to have to go through all that. You saved me alot of time, so I should at least take a minute to say I appreciate it and thanks for sharing this, have a good day.

0 Likes