cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Speaker turns on automatically

Since I've got the last update, every time I answer a call the speakers turn on automatically even though the speaker icon shows that it's off. I have to tap the speaker icon twice to fix the issue. The same happens when I use my handsfree as well.

As of now, i have tried wiping the data and cache partition, did factory reset, dont have any call recorder apps, but still the problem persists.

After much of research, i have narrowed down to the following points:

a) The problem started since the day i started using Samsung Gear smart watch. As the bluetooth always needs to be ON for syncing. I doubt keeping the bluetooth ON creates this problem. Seems to be a software bug. If i switch OFF the bluetooth the problem doesnt seem to occur.

b) 2nd point is due to presence of MS Teams app. I read somewhere that this app creates problem with telephone speaker. So need to test and conclude on this.

If 1st point is the issue then samsung needs to look into it urgently as without bluetooth many of the smart products and apps wont work. There is no point in keeping bluetooth off with these premium modern smart phones.

Also recently, i was about to face a car accident due to this problem . I was on a handsfree call in my car while driving (Yes, again on bluetooth) and the phone speaker suddenly got activated. I panicked and lost control of my car. But by grace of god, i got saved.

So samsung should look into this issue on high priority. 

I am using Note 9, Coral blue, Android's latest update 10, 1 jul20 security patch update.

IF anyone else has got any working solution. Please share.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Speaker turns on automatically

omg,same thing happened to me .Incidentally I downloaded Microsoft teams in the last week as well!!And also near miss car accident because of it.Please let us know if there is solution there.Thank you

Highlighted

are you using Microsft Teams app as a personal or business purpose? and did you use the stock phone app during calls? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Definitely teams! As reported on the another thread.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hi there;

I hope you and your family are safe;

I have seen somewhere a similar issue related to the MS Teams; as also on coments down below;

I would try unstalling it and running some tests; Let us know how it went.

Cya;

Highlighted

do you have the business MS team account? or personal account?

it looks like its only happening on MS team business account

Highlighted
Constellation

It actually hurt my ear! Mid call when speaker switched, it felt like it hurt my eardrum. I can't get it to stop. It is embarrassing when on a private call suddenly the call is broadcast. 

Samsung really needs to fix this ASAP.

IT IS MORE THAN ANNOYING. It could physically damage someone's hearing. Not acceptable. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

The issue is resolved after Microsoft Teams software is updated with latest version. The issue was due to Micorosoft teams bug.