JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Student Discount without .EDU

(Topic created: 04-13-2019 11:10 PM)
mindhacker20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey fellow users, I am a high school student and was looking to transfer to samsung. If i like the experience I would be buying it for my family. My question was that my school doesn't use .edu and instead they use @fjuhsd.org as there email domain. Is there any way I can get samsung's students discount for myself? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well technically the reason why most manufacturer only accepts .EDU email is that those are college students that are actually paying tuition and all college expenses and high school is technically free in the USA. So i think the discount only applies to students who can't afford buying phones due to school expenses. Maybe you can ask family members or relatives that has .EDU email it does not affect their email though it is only to verify you have .EDU email. I use myunidays.com for my EDU discount.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well technically the reason why most manufacturer only accepts .EDU email is that those are college students that are actually paying tuition and all college expenses and high school is technically free in the USA. So i think the discount only applies to students who can't afford buying phones due to school expenses. Maybe you can ask family members or relatives that has .EDU email it does not affect their email though it is only to verify you have .EDU email. I use myunidays.com for my EDU discount.

mindhacker20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well junior year of high school can also be counted as broke life lol. So there is no way to get my high school email get confirmed over phone or something? Also whats myunidays.com?

Thanks for the quick reply ā¤ļø @RedDragon 

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@mindhacker20 visit their website and see for youself. myunidays is a website where you can register your EDU email for discounts on supported manufacturers those are motorola, apple (except phone), and many many more. It is a certified samsung student discounts I have used it I think 3 times to buy samsung phones on samsung website.

0 Likes
mindhacker20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Woah it recognized my school thats cool! But it only has 20% of discount šŸ˜ž 

Do you think I should wait more or can I somehow get that 40%? @RedDragon 

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@mindhacker20 That's good it recognizes your school. Well that 20% is not actually 20% thats "up to 20%". samsung will decide how much it will give you discount once you are on payment tab. No I do not think it will get higher than 20% when i first use the discount it was huge maybe like $100+ off it think.

mindhacker20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Oh I see, I am guessing that I cant use the discount code and get samsung financing at the same time can I @RedDragon 

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@mindhacker20 Samsung student discount will work on any payment option you chose but again samsung will decide how much is it, the last one i used was only about 8% i think because i traded-in my old phone which is technically a discount lol. Student discount will say employee discount on the payment tab thats your student discount amount

0 Likes
mindhacker20
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Alright man thanks for helping me! @RedDragon 

0 Likes