cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRbKHSnfvbV
Constellation

Taking picture with flash shows blue tint

Why when I take a picture with flash the picture shows a blue tint? It seems foggy. But then I take a picture without the flash the picture comes out perfect.

I did contact Samsung they just hangup on me and never resolved this issue. It seems phone has need to be corrected.

22 REPLIES 22
userqXsfJjKrOD
Constellation

Re: Taking picture with flash shows blue tint

Hey, I have this exact same problem. The camera has trouble deciphering colors when external lights around 3000k are present (warm tones). This adds an artificial blue tint to the photos with flash. To test this even further, the problem exists without the flash. The flash just makes it worse! I put a laptop on the floor in front of a 3000k ish light and the screen, which was red/purple (default ubuntu screen) ends up showing a lot of blue. I came from the Huawei mate 9 and that camera, even two generations ago, was a lot more polished than what I'm seeing on the note 9. If this isn't fixed, definitely selling and buying a mate 20 pro. This is my first samsung since 2014. Probably my last in a very long time if this isn't worked out.

I'm on 8.1 with the september security patch as an fyi.

usernC6wHnfou4
Constellation

AndreaDiMarco
Asteroid

Do you have a cover or case? If yes try to remove it. Also, try to use the camera in auto mode if you are not.

usernC6wHnfou4
Constellation

Yes I have cover but I try remove it and photos are still bad. 

userxbzkr9r3om
Asteroid

Hi, I've had my Note 9 for 20 days and just noticed exactly the same issue last night. Any response from Samsung about it?

Is your phone Blue like mine? I almost feel like the flash light reflects off the blue panel at night and gets on the picture as blue tint.

Here are some of my pictures (1 of them has no flash for comparison)

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArjoHDVytOSesSBvoa0fUt1UftuQ

Overall, in comparison to my old Note 8, the Note 9 camera is garbage. Not sure if mine is just defected.

userqNKwh3PU6a
Astronaut

I have same issue. While taking pictures with flash having blue tint. And without cam its blury as well. Really note 9 cam disappoint me. Any response from Samsung?

userxbzkr9r3om
Asteroid

Chatted with the tech support yestarday. My 20-day old phone is out of the 14-day return policy. Samsung is trying to get me to repair the phone. What a shame! They also told that the issue has not been reported. I sent 3 links to different websites with folks complain about this same issue, but I was told that not enough tickets have been oppened Smiley Happy The websites don't matter if they don't have the issue logged in their system with a valid IMEI. My suggestion please chat with their support and give them your IMEI. May be they will acknowledge a problem with their Note 9 phone camera.

What color is your phone? Is it blue? I started almost suspecting that the flash light reflects off the phone surface, but would like to hear from some other users too.

userxbzkr9r3om
Asteroid

I just got off the phone with Samsung and I was told that this is a known issue!

Samsung will not replace or reimburse the phone past the 14 day period. If you have your phone and this problem for less than 14 days return it ASAP! otherwise you will have to repair it...

useri2hgmpk3h0
Constellation

Same thing here...blue pictures with the flash on every time...I have the blue note 9 with the 8gd of ram & 512gb memory