cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQOMVXVbPj1
Astronaut

The update has added two white bars to the home screen: how do I remove them?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got a white bar on the top and one on the bottom of my screen, I assume they are visual indicators, revealing the ability for me to drag open my settings from top, or all apps from bottom. I find these white bars distracting, and I want to remove them. How do I do this?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

here's an image: https://imgur.com/p0Vic6B

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: The update has added two white bars to the home screen: how do I remove them?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright lets try troubleshooting. Have you tried reapplying your wallpaper? Try that out. If that doesn't help, have you ever changed your DPI in the Developer Option settings? If so, try reverting it back to default.

Get back to me on it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Comet

Re: The update has added two white bars to the home screen: how do I remove them?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Might be a repetitive question but have you restarted your phone?

userQOMVXVbPj1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion Phantom. I tried it, but it did not work. This developed after the update, or at least the one I downloaded last night. Everything else is fine, just not the home screen.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright lets try troubleshooting. Have you tried reapplying your wallpaper? Try that out. If that doesn't help, have you ever changed your DPI in the Developer Option settings? If so, try reverting it back to default.

Get back to me on it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
userQOMVXVbPj1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That fixed it, I dunno why the update changed that, but it worked. Thanks a lot!