JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tracking auto-focus

(Topic created: 05-30-2019 11:44 PM)
AlexJ96
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is my first time being here, so hello everyone. Beside the subject mentioned above, I have another question I'd like to ask. Why did my account have some random username and avatar the first time I signed up here? It was "user" with some random letters and numbers after it. It also told me, "Welcome back," after I finished signing up. This is my first time here... weird. 

Now, to the subject at hand. I can't turn tracking auto-focus on. It's always greyed out. Turning video stabilization off won't do the trick. I tried looking around the Camera settings a little bit, but to no avail. 

4 Replies
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yeah, anyone who sets up a Samsung account is automatically generated a randomized username and avatar. Both can be changed should the person decide to take part in the community. 

Have you loaded the phone into safe mode to see if the setting lights up? It's possible an app's settings are preventing it from working. And Safe Mode will tell you if an app is at fault. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

AlexJ96
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

Yeah, anyone who sets up a Samsung account is automatically generated a randomized username and avatar. Both can be changed should the person decide to take part in the community. 

Have you loaded the phone into safe mode to see if the setting lights up? It's possible an app's settings are preventing it from working. And Safe Mode will tell you if an app is at fault. 

Thanks for explaining the account thing, but sadly, booting into Safe Mode didn't help.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hmm, I've been doing some research and it seems like the tracking Auto-focus is similar to the video stabilization feature in that it relies on resolution types to function. Have you changed the video resolutions yet or at all?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

AlexJ96
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yeah, you're right. I have set the resolution to FHD (16:9). It does say that the selected resolution doesn't support tracking auto-focus. Thanks, Cole.